Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the bigger threat to Floyd-2009 Manny or 2013 Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the bigger threat to Floyd-2009 Manny or 2013 Canelo?

I expect most to say Manny and I would agree. I don't see either as too much of a threat, though.
    Manny Pacquiao (2007-2009)
    81.36%
    Canelo Alvarez (2013)
    18.64%

09 Manny. His handspeed, power, and angles would've troubled Floyd imo. He's also a southpaw, that left hand up the pipe would have done good.

Comment

09' Manny. Speed, combination punching, chin, angles, foot speed, footwork, stamina, power, always game through 12 rounds.

You guys can call Manny a brawler all you want, but honestly, he would've been Floyd's toughest fight in his entire career.

No one on his resume combines all the attributes that Manny does.

Comment

The juiced to the gills, blood doped, PED test ducking Manny would have a slightly better chance. Neither have much chance at all though.

Comment

09 Manny for sure:
          Manny was already a battle tested vet on the big stage. His foot and hand speed would be an obvious problem. Not to mention the punching power plus he has the ability to force the exchanges' with Floyd. And his body was conditioned to go a hard 12 rounds. Canelo still fights in spurts.

Comment

I will say Manny. Manny has great offense supported by above avergae speed and power but can't cutoff the ring, has bad balance, below average defense and drops his hand when pressing for a KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
              I will say Manny. Manny has great offense supported by above avergae speed and power but can't cutoff the ring, has bad balance, below average defense and drops his hand when pressing for a KO.

Comment

Manny would have caused Floyd fits, he was shut scared of that fight. I'm sure the night Marquez ko'd Manny Floyd celebrated harder than Marquez lol.

Comment

Caleno because Floyd is farther down the path thus extra slippage make his chances of success higher.

Manny never had a prayer given his skill set and the advantages FLoyd wiuld hold in most areas.

Comment

I'm not even sure Canelo beats Pacquiao now (at 152). I'd favour Canelo to beat him, but I wouldn't be 100% on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X