No announcement yet.

Robert Guerrero Q&A: "I'm 156 pounds, I'm feeling great."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    156 of pudgy, he looks like Marquez body when he fought Floyd at 144.

156 is not really huge for a 147 pound welterweight. Thats and easy cut to be honest, but Guerrero is not a solid guy at 156.

Victor Ortiz was a solid 165 pounds his walk around weight.
    Marquez didn't look anything like that

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
      Welcome aboard, sir.
      That's it. I've reached the pinnacle of the forum.

I shall now make a retirement thread in the lounge.

Comment

B...b...b...b...but Guerrero is a small Lightweight

Comment

if you dont think RG will come to the fight in the shape of his life fighting the fight of his life...you are crazy! Floyd is use to it being easy. With fighters who are slow and wanna wait on Floyd.

Comment

Guerrero will come in shape, just like he was in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
              Marquez didn't look anything like that
              Marquez looked soft and bloated when he fought Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Marquez looked soft and bloated when he fought Floyd

Yeah because Marquez being two years older and slower, he became some unstoppable beast in there. Look at his movement in the ring, his speed, and overall skill.....he wasn't all of a sudden on another level in 2011-2012 than in 2009. If anything, last December in the 4th fight, Marquez looked less fluid and crappier in there than he had in a long time. He just so happened to land the two punches that counted obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  That's what I said, although Guerrero can't be that big if he looks that chubby at 156.
                  Exactly. Robert's not exactly a big 147 lb fighter. If he's this chubby at 156, then he's not a BIG WW.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Yeah because Marquez being two years older and slower, he became some unstoppable beast in there. Look at his movement in the ring, his speed, and overall skill.....he wasn't all of a sudden on another level in 2011-2012 than in 2009. If anything, last December in the 4th fight, Marquez looked less fluid and crappier in there than he had in a long time. He just so happened to land the two punches that counted obviously.
                    Just showing the guy a comparison on body, why bring up all that?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I think a lot of that had to do with his game plan going into the fight. Let Manny attack as always, and wait for that ONE, big counter shot. KO or nothing with him. He said it himself.

Even Larry mentioned how JMM looked to be measuring Pacquiao, instead of going tit for tat as much as the previous fights. It definitely showed in the 3rd round.

I think JMM realized you have to let Manny stop in his tracks, and then land a big shot. Instead of going blow for blow with him. Even though he did get in some toe to toe exchanges. Which only helped Pacquiao.
                      Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-07-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X