No announcement yet.

Michael jordan vs kareem abdul jabar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
    I'm not talking about just the NBA though, I'm talking about the best basketball player of all time.

Jordan can easily make a case as the best NBA player, however when it comes to all three levels of play, there isn't anyone as prolific as Kareem.
    Some guys dominated here, some guys dominated there,

Kareem dominated everywhere.
    There is no question that Kareem was consistent throughout his entire career at the highest of levels. That is a fact.

Why people ignore facts is beyond me.
    Sometimes it's not that they are being ignored. Sometimes it how one looks at them.
    Last edited by CRESCENDOPOWER; 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Care to put up his HS and college numbers as well and the impact he had in those areas?

Are you going to forget that he wasn't even a number one draft pick?
      ur really brining up h.s?

But gallo i respect ur arguments our opinion will never change so i might as well stop u ppl have to much energy. I think brons better then kobe u think otherwise i think mj is the goat u think otherwise. Just peoples opinions

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
        ur really brining up h.s?

But gallo i respect ur arguments our opinion will never change so i might as well stop u ppl have to much energy. I think brons better then kobe u think otherwise i think mj is the goat u think otherwise. Just peoples opinions
        Bottom line, thats what it boils down to, but its still fun to debate it.

Comment

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER View Post

Sometimes it's not that they are being ignored. Sometimes it how one looks at them.
          Great insight. I never bothered to think about it that way, thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

I'm not talking about just the NBA though, I'm talking about the best basketball player of all time.

Jordan can easily make a case as the best NBA player, however when it comes to all three levels of play, there isn't anyone as prolific as Kareem.

Why people ignore facts is beyond me.

Some guys dominated here, some guys dominated there,

Kareem dominated everywhere.
            In Highschool you are only playing against other highschoolers, you could go your whole 4 years and never face a guy considered good enough to make it to the NBA. Big Fish in a small pond.

In College (talking about the power conferences) there might be 3-5 guys on each team that have the potential to make it at the next level.

In the NBA all the weaker guys you will go up against have been weeded out.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
              In Highschool you are only playing against other highschoolers, you could go your whole 4 years and never face a guy considered good enough to make it to the NBA. Big Fish in a small pond.

In College (talking about the power conferences) there might be 3-5 guys on each team that have the potential to make it at the next level.

In the NBA all the weaker guys you will go up against have been weeded out.
              So, why hasn't everyone else done what Kareem has done?

You make it sound so easy, but its a feat that hasn't been replicated.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
                These Jordan vs. everybody threads are crackin me up.

yeahh.. and he always win !! hheeh

Comment

only days away to be inducted!!!

Comment

Id say Kareem but not by much...both of them are role players in todays game.

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post

only days away to be inducted!!!
                    smh @ bill russell being the only swaggerless ***git on that list without a nickname :smh:

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Mac 10 View Post
                      Id say Kareem but not by much...both of them are role players in todays game.

smh @ bill russell being the only swaggerless ***git on that list without a nickname :smh:
                      fair enough...

still i think that michael did more for the game... not that kareeem didnt care about .. but it was because of mike... that nba took a boost!! in terms of marketing the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X