No announcement yet.

Moorer vs Holyfield what it tells us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Moorer is nowhere near as good as toney.. Both inconsistent but that kept moorer from being a HOFer and kept toney from being one of top ATGs of all time... Toney is more skilled than moorer, without a doubt

And besides HBO, who thinks Holyfield won... I'm the biggest evander fan, and even I know he lost..

Should be 10-8.. Holyfield dropped him, and that's the whole point of the sport.. But like I said, moorer won the fight clearly, evander was done by the 3rd and only fighting in spurts.. Moorer jab was just too much for evander
    This is all true.

And I especially emphasise the Toney/Moorer comparison.

Not only was he more skilled, Toney was also much tougher than the chinny Moorer.

The problem with Moorer compared to Holyfield is not really one of skill, they were fair equivalent. It was that Holyfield could smash it up against the natural HW power punchers of the division because of his solid chin where as the glass chinned Moorer was unable to fight them at all (check the record!)

Moorer, like Bowe, like Frazier, seems to be a boxer that avoided power punchers. And every time he/they DID fight a power puncher... They got knocked out!

Comment

Working...
    X