No announcement yet.

What the f**k are the Dodgers doing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    Bottom line is they are vastly improved behind the plate as well as second base. Defensively they made a substantial upgrade at SS and trading Kemp will also guarantee a stronger defensive outfield.

As far as the finances go it's really irrelevant since they cut back on their payroll enough by not resigning Ramirez to an outrageous contract as well as giving the Padres a large chunk of Kemp's contract. Two big bats, but let's be honest they are constantly getting hurt and as far I know Kemp was hurting the clubhouse. What you lose with Ramirez offensively is overshadowed by the defensive liability he had become as a guy with no range in the most vital position in the field.

The Kemp trade is addition by subtraction IMO you'll surely get at minimum the same offensive numbers with any combination of Pederson, Ethier, and Van Slyke as well as being substantially better defensively. They've also picked up a considerable number of prospects to strengthen their AAA squad as well as add value to a possible trade in order to pick up another arm or a big bat.

You're undervaluing the importance of a good defensive catcher, particularly when you have one of the best starting rotations in the game. Anything you can get from a catcher offensively is just an extra bonus. Grandal has good power and his 15 HR's are a huge jump from A.J Eliis who only had 3 and batted under .200. Kendrick being 31 doesn't neglect the fact he's still a better overall player than Gordon. Gordon had a good year last year but he really struggled after the All-Star break.

This team is better on paper than it was last year, specially if Pederson is ready to take over at CF opening day. They still need to shape up that awful bullpen though and I'm hearing rumors they might be getting Cole Hamels. Either way I like the direction the team is headed.
    I say f**k this team, I don't think they'll win s**t.

I'm already looking forward to 2016 and beyond.

Hand over the outfield to Scott Schebler, Joc Pederson, and Yasiel Puig. Corey Seager at 3B, Darnell Sweeney at SS or 2B, Adrian Gonzalez at 1B, Yasmani Grandal at C, and fill in SS or 2B. Would've been nice to have Dee Gordon along with that group.

Hopefully Julio Urias and Grant Holmes will be ready in a few years to start behind Clayton Kershaw and Hyun-Jin Ryu.

Comment

Working...
    X