No announcement yet.

Paulie Ayala

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulie Ayala

How great do you feel he is? He defeated 46-0 Johnny Tapia in a FOTY & Johnny Bredahl. Made 3 defences of his WBA Bantamweight Title and also won the IBO Super Bantamweight title & Ring Magazine Title.

He had 3 defeats and two were against Morales & Barrera and the other was a title fight. Him & Pacquiao were close to fight at Super Bamtamweight in 2002, how does that go?

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
    How great do you feel he is? He defeated 46-0 Johnny Tapia in a FOTY & Johnny Bredahl. Made 3 defences of his WBA Bantamweight Title and also won the IBO Super Bantamweight title & Ring Magazine Title.

He had 3 defeats and two were against Morales & Barrera and the other was a title fight. Him & Pacquiao were close to fight at Super Bamtamweight in 2002, how does that go?

Think he was very good, at best. Soild, earnest-type of fighter....but not very special. I don't mean to insult him as I think guys like him are kind of the foundation of the sport.

Comment

Very good fighter nice B+ level win for Morales and Barrera

Comment

A fine fighter, but the Bredahl win was VERY controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          A fine fighter, but the Bredahl win was VERY controversial.
          As was his title defense victory over the rather unknown Dianzo.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            I cant tell, as I havent seen that one, but I can see that the fight was in Ayala's hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I cant tell, as I havent seen that one, but I can see that the fight was in Ayala's hometown.
              It wasn't quite a "robbery", but I know I and a few others thought Dianzo had won the majority of rounds.

Another thing, if you want to train a fighter who has no punching power, find one who goes by "Paulie".....Spadafora, Malignaggi, and Ayala.

Comment

It wasn't quite a "robbery", but I know I and a few others thought Dianzo had won the majority of rounds.

Another thing, if you want to train a fighter who has no punching power, find one who goes by "Paulie".....Spadafora, Malignaggi, and Ayala.

Comment

He was a solid fighter a bit of an overachiver. He was similar fighter to juan diaz he relied on outworking you. he was fortunate to get the decision in the 2nd tapia fight, and the first bones adams fight, but still a solid fighter

Comment

same with the first bones fight...

ayala was a worker, exciting to watch man, decent to good infighter.

he was too small for morales and barrera...barrera brutalized him....

he could have been undefeated going into the morales fight except for that headbutt against that japanese cat.

a solid fighter and no pushover, but not hall worthy- margaritoish

Comment

Working...
                    X