No announcement yet.

****The 2010 Boxingscene MAKAVELLI Awards****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] ****The 2010 Boxingscene MAKAVELLI Awards****

Its that time of the year that we turn the spotlight from the fighters to the real bloodline of this forum: it's members

I wasn't gonna do one this year because NSB has become utter garbage littered with trolls and alts posting the same stupid ****...it was hard to find any 'stand out' posters but after careful consideration and research, i was able to muster something up...the show has to go on

so ladies, gentlemen and double chinned Canucks, i present to you this year's Makavelli awards;

The Most Informative Poster Award: Eaner09. During the pre and post fight events of PAC-Margarito, any questions, minor or major, were immediately answered by Eaner09 using his contacts. Whether it was to confirm if there was a rehydration clause or if Team Margarito was holding up the post test disclosure, Eaner was on the spot.

The Noone Else Loves Your Fighter As Much As You Do Award: Mayas. Really dude, Humberto Soto is cool...we might even root for him from time to time but noone cares nor really believes that everyone is ducking him. Its like bragging to your friends that a BMW didn't want to race your Honda Civic

The Instant Troll Word-Trigger Award: IMDAZED. The word PEDS makes one of boxingscene's more knowledgeable members go from Silencers to yesir in mere seconds. If you catch Dazed in a non-drug related thread, you'll see good **** but at the same time, any thread that has PEDS or Roids in the thread title, you'll see at least 20 posts from the guy..and you see this everyday

The Sig Maker Award: Ether. Time and time again, every time i see a badass sig, i ask them who made it and i get directed to the same guy. No matter what price he charges you, you will get every point's worth. Forum art is what Ether creates. I asked him to make me a Lakers sig and it was brilliant. The only reason i haven't rocked it is because it still had Vlad Radmanovic on it...other than that, it was a great sig. Want to stand out? Ask that poster to make you something

The Most Underrated Poster Award: NChristo. You wont catch him online a lot but when you do, stop skimming and read his posts. The guy has loads and loads of knowledge and is also very friendly. He wont get into any flame wars and is one of the few posters that you can have a good, healthy boxing discussion with. He's on the level of Silencers, TheGreatA and the other highly respected members on this site. Honorable mention; Grayfist. He's NChristo-lite.

The Would Have Been A Great Beef Award: MIB and Squealpiggy. I forget which thread it was, i think it might have been a thread about Inception but these two heavyweights started throwing lazy jabs at each other and it soon escalated into a Bowe-Holyfield like exchange...bombs were being thrown...smart bombs...not pebble throwing that nuthuggers and trolls lob at each other but ballistic, laser guided nukes were being launched. However, it ended in that thread. Here's hoping 2011 makes you two cross paths once more.

The Least Entertaining Poster Award: Jonoyoungp4p. Nothing against the guy but for someone to have over 10K posts and not a single one stood out, he gets the nod. The vanilla template for replies gets beaten to death with this guy. I dont know how many times we need to read him say 'great fight IMO' or 'he was a good fighter IMO'....really, just post a smiley face...it'll mean much more

The Trying SooOOooOOO Hard Award To Be Somebody Award: Gorilla Dogs. Man, did this guy get annoying as ****...If the forum is on Floyd's nuts one day, he'll jump on PAC's nuts and vice versa just to get a response. The only time this assh0le was being genuine was for Pascal vs Hopkins and guess what? He got that wrong too. At the end, he was just a nationalistic noobie that, unfortunately for boxing, decided to try being a fan of the sweet science.

The I Shoved My Foot Up Your As5 So Hard That It Turned You Station Off Award: Money Pacquaio aka our small footed friend from NY vs Gorilla Dogs. I have never seen someone get shut down that fast and that brutally. All it took was a couple of pictures and G-Dogs was done.It was like Sergio putting the Williams hype to bed. It cost his alt getting banned but from everyone here, THANK YOU for doing that. Pat on the back for you my friend.

The Biggest Thunderdome Gangrape/Bukake/Bully Circle Victim Award: Dillinger. It started off with beefing with just Tha_Greatest and it turned into a full-on jumping on all sides. I think everyone took a turn sticking a broomstick up Dillinger's as5 and it went on for days. I think it was Dillinger vs 6 people at one point. It got so bad that he got banned and came back as an alt. An alt that probably has Dome phobia now.

The Easiest Lounger To Talk To Award: Chief2ndOnly. One of the most laid back, yet opinionated poster in the lounge for 2010. I think he signed up a couple of years ago but didn't really start leaving his footprints in threads until this year. You wanna talk about hoes, drinking, partying, college football, food, Chief got you. We need more Chief-like posters in the lounge. He reminds me of 2008 when the lounge was bursting with all kinds of unique personalities and every thread was worth skimming thru.

The Community Involvement Award: Tunney for his 'Who Is The Best Poster' threads. Not because a certain good looking Laker fan won the whole thing but because EVERYone was voting. He had 10 threads with a poll and each poll had at least 100-150 votes. Alts, trolls, OGs, noobs were all voting. People were vouching to get certain people voted and the whole thing took a couple of weeks and everyone STILL kept participating. In a forum where the attention span might lack from time to time, to keep that many people tuned in for that long, it was a job well done.

The Most Heartbreaking Year For Rooting Award: Street Bully. It started with the Colts losing in the Super Bowl, then his Celtics getting beat in the Finals and ended with the Colts playing mediocre ball this season. Bully used to be an everyday poster that loved talking sports but now, he's MIA for stretches of time. I dont blame him, he's had a horrible rooting year. Come back strong next year Bully!

The Lifetime Achievement Awards: Oasis_Lad, Chups, Kadyo. These forum veterans have been here for YEARS and still show a noob-like zeal in posting and joining discussions. I've been here for 2 years and i feel the steam running out. These respected gentlemen however, keep on plugging along and are still very active. I only wish that after 3-4 years, i can have the same energy for the forums. Well done gents

The Never Had Friends In School, Social Rejects Awards: Frankenfrank, S******s. For people that i've had disagreements with, i can understand their dislike for me. Its part of the territory. But when you have ****tards that i've never even talked to that somehow came up with their own issues with me, these two dregs of society take the cake. It's like the emo nerds at school that get apples thrown at them during lunch and they go home brooding and hating life. But that's real life...imagine these knuckle dragging mouth-breathers getting like that over a forum?

The GIFS Of The Year Award: Dorian. Just check them out. This dude can have a full on conversation with you just by posting GIFS. It's pretty entertaining and if timed properly, a thread stealer.

The I Wish The Bears Would Actually Win The Whole Thing So They Can Faint From Happiness Award: Left Hook Tua and JReckoning. Yes guy, i see your thread every Sunday. Even when i see your team losing, i click in there and you make it sound like you're winning. My Raiders are out, i hope you ****ers can win one so you'd make a Celebration thread instead.

The Dumbest Poster In The History Of Western Civilization: Yesir. From his 'Floyd's Bigger Than PAC In AsiaN' thread to '61% >> 67%' to 'there are 11 years in a decade', i still believe that someone helps this ****** turn his computer on and off for him

And to end this long winded award show, I'd like to finish with this last award;

THE MOST MISSED POSTER: Samurai. We miss you buddy. This forum took a major blow when you passed away and when i see tribute sigs, it still makes me sad. One of the main reasons i decided to to make another award thread is to give you one more shout out. Rest Well Buddy....

That's it folks....dont like my awards? make your own...to the winners, take a bow...Happy New Year, let's hope 2011 is better than last...and let's do it again next year

thanks for reading, ****s
    Last edited by -MAKAVELLI-; 12-31-2010, 07:28 PM.

oh how 2004 IS MISSED....who are these fukers?

Comment

thats to long to read. **** u think you're DLT?

Comment

didn't even win best muslim award

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
          thats to long to read. **** u think you're DLT?

ask your mom to read it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Elijah Muhammad View Post
            easy mas would win thatttttt or medium deek

Comment

Originally posted by !! Met-Rx View Post
              easy mas would win thatttttt or medium deek
              Who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Elijah Muhammad View Post

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  ask your mom to read it for you
                  OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH this nukka got momma jokes.

here

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
                    OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH this nukka got momma jokes.

here

have your mom finish every sentence with 'chea' to keep you interested

Comment

Working...
                    X