Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs. Mares 2003 [Rare Video] Amateur Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you expect when anyone fights Rigo, he was simply a different class of fighter. Mares got outclassed, with ease.

Rigondeaux is a truly incredible talent.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Mares said that fight was controversial? lol

Rigo is such as an amazing talent.

he is, but he's also 5 years older than mares, which means a lot in the amateurs.

mares looks a hell of a lot less experienced in there. talent has nothing to do with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        Way to shut us up never read that article, I had only watched the video Damit posted not too long ago.
        LOL. I like Mares so I would never make up such a thing. I don't even blame him for saying it was controversial. I mean, it was not, but Mares was only 18 and he must have been frustrated by the result. Winners hate to lose.

Comment

Rigo too good.

Who would have known years later that they're both packing china.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            http://www.boxingscene.com/abner-mar...donaire--64987

4th paragraph:

"I fought Rigondeaux already in the amateurs, in the Pan-American Games. He beat me, yeah. It was a controversial fight, but I would love to fight him again."
            Ok,Never seen that article. I guess he changed his tone since that was a few years earlier than the interview I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              he is, but he's also 5 years older than mares, which means a lot in the amateurs.

mares looks a hell of a lot less experienced in there. talent has nothing to do with experience.
              If he loss to GR back then because the age, he should have the upper hand now, so why he doesn't fight him?

Comment

Working...
              X