Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would Fernando Quintero be today if.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would Fernando Quintero be today if.....

....he wouldn't have been robbed in his fight against Adrien Broner??
    I am just saying that cause Broner improved A LOT since the Quintero fight and now Broner is a 2 time world champion. Quintero was undefeated when he stepped into the ring with Broner and fought him on 4 days notice and clearly beat him, or at least clearly enough. Now I think to myself where Quintero would be today. Cause he never fought again after the Broner robbery. Quintero didn't have big punching power, but still he could have been world champion. Excellent footwork, awkward/unorthodox boxing style, excellent boxing skills from what I saw in the Broner fight. I just imagined how good Quintero could have been when I saw Broner fight so brilliantly against DeMarco. If Broner could improve so much, then it is also possible Quintero (the guy who beat him in reality) could have improved a lot later....
    What do you guys think?

I don't know and if retired after that then maybe his heart wasn't in the sport, I've seen plenty of fighters lose multiple times early in their careers, many that have come back stronger. That wasn't a robbery either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      I don't know and if retired after that then maybe his heart wasn't in the sport, I've seen plenty of fighters lose multiple times early in their careers, many that have come back stronger. That wasn't a robbery either.
      it was a robbery.

Comment

[img]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/24831275.jpg[/img]

Comment

That **** wasn't a robbery. Broner won. Accept the loss. Nobody knows why Quintero quit boxing. It may have not had anything to do with losing to Broner.

Comment

Who knows. If he didnt get rob maybe his career would have went this way or that way. But if he took the fight on 4 days notice then you know his money wasn't right. So who knows maybe after taking that fight he had to get a regular job or something.

Comment

The powers that be would have found a way to punish him for his insolence.

Comment

He's right where he ought to be in life. He found out that after losing to Broner that he wasn't quite cut out for boxing...who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  He's right where he ought to be in life. He found out that after losing to Broner that he wasn't quite cut out for boxing...who knows.
                  you mean after he beat the living dog**** out of Broner he finally understood he wasn't good enough to be something in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                    you mean after he beat the living dog**** out of Broner he finally understood he wasn't good enough to be something in boxing?
                    Did marijuana become legal because I missed the memo.

Comment

Working...
                    X