Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Announce New Signing, Is It George Groves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn To Announce New Signing, Is It George Groves?

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing is planning to announce "major signing" next Monday at a press conference in London. According to several reports, including one from Pat Sheenan, super middleweight George Groves (16-0, 12KOs) is unhappy with current promoter Frank Warren and plans to jump ship to Hearn. Groves has fought three bouts under Warren and is scheduled to be part of Warren's big show on March 16th in Wembley, defending his EBU title againt Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye. If Groves moves to Hearn as some expect, that would place his March fight in question.

[Click Here To Read More]

Maybe it's Frampton on a multi-fight deal? I read Hearn only promotes on a fight-by-fight basis.

You'd have to think this would put Groves further ahead of DeGale in terms of landing the Froch fight down the line should this become reality.

Comment

I'd love to see Groves jump ship to Hearn. He's the best UK promoter at the moment and talks alot of sense. I can't stand Frank Warren.

Comment

It is 100% George and not fighting on march 16th now maybe march 9th instead

Comment

I've got a feeling it's Kevin Mitchell...

Comment

Hope its groves. Franky has completely lost it. Matchroom have all the best fighters and put on the best shows.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 03-02-2013, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Hope its groves. Franky has completely lost it. Mathroom have all the best fighters and put on the best shows.
              It is 100% George he will be fighting on the March 9th card aswell.

Comment

Hearn seems to have a quality relationship with his fighters and of course has Sky deal. BoxNation is a bag of wank; on paper it's fantastic but the customer service I received turned me and others off.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                  Hearn seems to have a quality relationship with his fighters and of course has Sky deal. BoxNation is a bag of wank; on paper it's fantastic but the customer service I received turned me and others off.
                  Agree with what you say about Hearn and his fighters but totally disagree with you about Boxnation.
                  Boxnation has been fantastic since its creation showing fights we would never see in a million years live only repeats on Youtube.
                  Ive never called boxnation but when ive emailed them they have replied quickly, intelligently and sorted out what needed to be done.
                  I dont know where this hate for Boxnation comes from and the love of Sky sports?
                  Sky show 3 fights a show where Boxnation shows everyone and its usually the earlier fights are the fight of the night. Also im sick of the commercials on sky where Boxnation is uninterrupted
                  By the way Buncey is a legend too

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
                    Agree with what you say about Hearn and his fighters but totally disagree with you about Boxnation.
                    Boxnation has been fantastic since its creation showing fights we would never see in a million years live only repeats on Youtube.
                    Ive never called boxnation but when ive emailed them they have replied quickly, intelligently and sorted out what needed to be done.
                    I dont know where this hate for Boxnation comes from and the love of Sky sports?
                    Sky show 3 fights a show where Boxnation shows everyone and its usually the earlier fights are the fight of the night. Also im sick of the commercials on sky where Boxnation is uninterrupted
                    By the way Buncey is a legend too
                    I loved watching BoxNation and Buncey...but I had serious connectivity issues; and missed key fights. One time I had mates over for a Klit fight and literally wouldn't come on the screen. I contacted them immediately but took 24 hours to respond and we missed the fight. I also missed Mitchell v Burns I think it was for same reason. Got sick of it in the end, they couldn't help me, so I had to cancel. :-(

Mate had same problem too. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X