No announcement yet.

Eric Harding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Harding

How do you guys feel about how good was he I think he was a really good fighter just never made it to that level. With better match making could have have been bigger then he was?

the guy who broke Tarvers jaw??

Comment

thats my boy...we grew up in the same neighborhood, played on the same hoop teams and became close...thats my dude!!...Magic2000...24th and Master!!...I know for a FACT that he's a natural at basketball, dude even played lil' league PAL baseball....all around athlete growing up...got into the street life took some bullets went to jail and came out as a boxer....a late starter(in terms of boxing experience) who fought as a southpaw but he's right handed....typical for a street fighter in Philly

if anybody got some 411 on what he's doing these days...drop me a PM or something....lost contact when I started making my own moves to get up outta that environment....he's like my big brother from another mother!!...real talk!!

Comment

harding was very good. he only lost to tarver, RJJ, g.johnson and dawson.

all great fighters and all but dawson in their prime at the time, harding was past his prime himself so dawson was still at a better point in his career. that was hardings last fight if im not mistaken.

i think he was better than kessler, calzaghe and alot of fighters who get more credit. had they went through the gauntlet like harding did they wouldnt have come out any better.

harding beat some solid fighters too, daniel judah, montell girffin and ofcourse he took tarvers 0 and broke his jaw. again, very good fighter. just fell short against the very best, but never without a fight.
        Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-23-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

He was a pretty good fighter. He should've done even better against Roy but he was injured. He seemed to fall apart after Tarver beat him though. So he had a short prime, sort of like David Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            harding was very good. he only lost to tarver, RJJ, g.johnson and dawson.

all great fighters and all but dawson in their prime at the time, harding was past his prime himself so dawson was still at a better point in his career. that was hardings last fight if im not mistaken.

i think he was better than kessler, calzaghe and alot of fighters who get more credit. had they went through the gauntlet like harding did they wouldnt have come out any better.

harding beat some solid fighters too, daniel judah, montell girffin and ofcourse he took tarvers 0 and broke his jaw. again, very good fighter. just fell short against the very best, but never without a fight.
            Kessler is a supermiddle, Harding was a lightheavy not sure why you're comparing them.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Kessler is a supermiddle, Harding was a lightheavy not sure why you're comparing them.
              why not? kessler could be a flyweight it wouldnt make no diffrence.

im not talking about a h2h matchup, even though that would be possible given how close they are in weight (harding would win). you can call it a p4p assessment if you want to.

Comment

harding was a beast, i don't know what all happened to him, he kind of faded away, at least off of my boxing radar. helluva chin and helluva punch, sturdy fighters, pressed the action, I enjoyed his fights a lot.

in the tarver rematch he was owning tarver again, until tarver uncorked a big eyes closed left hand just like the roy jones fight and just rung hardings bell, he couldn't recover and tarver was blasting him with huge shots, for like a round or two after that huge punch, when harding was knocked down and or around and the ref asked him a few questions, harding only had one answer, Ref: " can you continue? do you know what day it is? do you know where you are? " Harding: " I'm good, I'm a Philly fighter, I'm from Philly.." it was one of the most awesome replies ever to a referee.....!!!!

he was a good fighter to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  why not? kessler could be a flyweight it wouldnt make no diffrence.

im not talking about a h2h matchup, even though that would be possible given how close they are in weight (harding would win). you can call it a p4p assessment if you want to.
                  You said Kessler couldn't have gone through the gaunlet Harding did, implying that he wouldn't beat Roy Tarver Dawson etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X