• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers go out to the family

R I P

Comment

R.I.P.

That video was quite haunting, especially when he just goes limp in the corner; the look in his eyes...man that's some messed up stuff.

Comment

the blank expression on his face while the ref had him in his arms was haunting to say the least...poor kid...may he rest in peace.

Comment

Seeing this will definitely change how i see boxing, that's why referees say protect yourself at all times. RiP to that kid.

Comment

Rest in Peace Young fellow.

Comment

**** is no joke

Comment

That was very hard to watch. RIP !

Comment

i rather have an "early" stoppage, where the "losing" fighter can go home to his family, than this scenario.
                  A loss on your record today is better than having your family arrange for your funeral tomorrow.
                  Having said that, I have noticed that the majority of deaths in the ring in recent years are are pretty much all in Thailand /Indonesia/Malaysia where they frequently match up experienced fighters towards novice boxers, even those who perform their debut in the ring.
                  They change the name of the fighters in order to fly under the radar.
                  In this instance, the young boy was supposed to have fought a guy named Ical Tobida, who have no record on Box Rec. There is a guy called Ichal Tobidal, note the added letters, who got a 17 fight record but his pic does not resemble the guy in the video. So who did the 17 year old really fight, a guy with a 50-5 record or what?
                  I found it also disturbing that the show was arranged in a TV studio, and did not look professionally at all. To me, the people surrounding the boy when he collapsed, didn't look like any doctors, only corner people who put him on a stretcher to have him rushed out.
                  When will this stop?

Comment

A 17 year old losing his life in the ring, one of the saddest things I've heard In boxing. 17!!!

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                      i rather have an "early" stoppage, where the "losing" fighter can go home to his family, than this scenario.
                      A loss on your record today is better than having your family arrange for your funeral tomorrow.
                      Having said that, I have noticed that the majority of deaths in the ring in recent years are are pretty much all in Thailand /Indonesia/Malaysia where they frequently match up experienced fighters towards novice boxers, even those who perform their debut in the ring.
                      They change the name of the fighters in order to fly under the radar.
                      In this instance, the young boy was supposed to have fought a guy named Ical Tobida, who have no record on Box Rec. There is a guy called Ichal Tobidal, note the added letters, who got a 17 fight record but his pic does not resemble the guy in the video. So who did the 17 year old really fight, a guy with a 50-5 record or what?
                      I found it also disturbing that the show was arranged in a TV studio, and did not look professionally at all. To me, the people surrounding the boy when he collapsed, didn't look like any doctors, only corner people who put him on a stretcher to have him rushed out.
                      When will this stop?
                      yeah, all these aspects (the amateur looking venue/officials and unknown record of the opponent) were a bit disturbing to see/read, knowing what the end result of this bout was. it's a shame how brutal this sport can be, but people need to be better prepared when putting cards together. no fighter with a record like this kid's should have been any type of title fight.
                      everyone messed up that night. the kid should've taken a knee instead of putting his hands in the air. the ref should've jumped in and pushed the opponent away when he saw him still swinging. the opponent should have noticed the kid gave up and stopped swinging. the opponent should be fined or suspended imo. the officials should have rushed him to the hospital around the 2:00 minute mark of the video.
                      like southpaw_07 said, the whole thing looked very amateurish. it looked like no one knew what they were doing. such a sad thing to see/read about. the lack of safety/experience took a kid's future away. words can't really describe how saddening this is. thoughts/prayers go out to his family. rest in peace Tubagus Sakti.

Comment

Working...
                      X