Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire: Single counter - shots ain't gonna cut it against the likes of Juanma etc..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    that was not the case with concepcion.....he staywed away and boxed...salido is way stronegr and bigger than concepcion....so the smart thing to do there is to not look for exchanges esp since donaire has not been hit by these guys....
    I think Donaire knows what he's great at. But, I just don't think Donaire will have the luxury to just pick his spots and 1 punch KO Salido.

Salido will find a way to get into Donaire's mug, not just 1 round or 1 moment the entire fight. Salido will get into Donaire's grill every single round, maybe not the entire time, but, he'll get there more often than you think. Donaire is gonna have to fight his @ss off to keep Salido off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
      I think Donaire knows what he's great at. But, I just don't think Donaire will have the luxury to just pick his spots and 1 punch KO Salido.

Salido will find a way to get into Donaire's mug, not just 1 round or 1 moment the entire fight. Salido will get into Donaire's grill every single round, maybe not the entire time, but, he'll get there more often than you think. Donaire is gonna have to fight his @ss off to keep Salido off of him.
      i never once said salido would be easy if nonito boxes....but im sayin is that he should'nt look for exchanges vs him just like when he fought concepcion...and yes nonito needs to fight his ass off, but what he does not need is look for exchanges...

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
        As terrific a boxer Nonito is. I don't think his pot-shottin' power shots will be enough for bigger bullheaded fighters like Salido and even Juanma, **** ain't gonna faze 'em. It might get their attention, but, I think they'll be able to shake it off and keep on movin' forward.

I think Salido at 126 would terrorize him. Gamboa's speed, strength and power will be too much(but, I don't think this fight will happen anyway).

Nonito would have to do more than rely on his single monster left hook to deter those guys from pressin' him. What do y'all think.

The days of KO'ing guys with one punch are over once Nonito steps up in weight against talented heavier fighters.

Juanma doesn't even have a chin dude. So how can you say this.

Comment

Donaire moving up to fight the top featherweights

=

Pacquiao moving up to fight the top welterweights

Donaire vs. Montiel = Pacquiao vs. Hatton
          Donaire vs. Salido = Pacquiao vs. Margarito
          Donaire vs. Lopez = Pacquiao vs. Cotto
          Donaire vs. Gamboa = Pacquiao vs. Mayweather (?)

Some interesting similarities I notice with the top 2 filipinos in the sport.

Can you imagine, Donaire vs. Rafael Marquez @ bantamweight?
          Kinda reminds me of Pac/JMM III @ catchweight "semi"-welterweight.
          Last edited by boxingsmash69; 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Juanma already got ko'd and will happen again He's a hype job Donaire is the real deal

Comment

I agree Donaire will struggle when he fights a guy his size or bigger like Juanma, Gamboa or even Moreno

Comment

Donaire would destroy Lopez and beat Salido. It's hard for me to have confidence in him beating Gamboa, Yuri is a ridiculously talented fighter.

Comment

Lopez got stunned by Oliver in the first round. Donaire would demolish him.

Comment

Working...
                  X