Arum: Terence Crawford next fight is on HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    That's the same way I see it.

Bradley wouldn't be ready for July either, even if they decided to fight.

I'm trying to find an opponent and I can't come up with one for ppv.

Postol is not a fight I would buy
    Broner would be perfect, but I doubt we see that

Kell brook is the only fight I can maybe see being ppv worthy without haymon fighters.

Who are you thinking?
    Really got no idea.... Bradley seems most likely even though it's a quick turnaround and he would have to beat manny.. Maybe manny..

I really don't know... The only PPv worthy matchups would be

Bradley
    Manny
    Danny

Kell Brook really has no recognition in the states...

Dark horse: Juan Manuel Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      You all are missing the real take-away here. This is less about Crawford and more about what Arum said about budgets and "HBO is going to do a lot of it's fights on Pay Per View."

That's very, very interesting. Wonder how HBO plans to do this heavier PPV schedule and if there will be a lower average price.
      Highway robbery.

Meanwhile Showtime is doing all its fights on Showtime.

Comment

If HBO doesn't have the budget then i'm ok with this and Arum is doing his job by keeping him busy, especially if he fights Postol.

It's not great for the sport, but it's better than taking time off, and it's not like I would have ever bought any ppvs to begin with.

Comment

Don't know why people keep throwing names like Bradley, Pac, Marquez here. They actually think they would be instantly and magically available on July 23, 2016?

Bradley's last 6 fights alone averages 6 months apart. And his forthcoming fight is not even over yet.

Postol is the only one available for Crawford. Nobody else.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
            Don't know why people keep throwing names like Bradley, Pac, Marquez here. They actually think they would be instantly and magically available on July 23, 2016?

Bradley's last 6 fights alone averages 6 months apart. And his forthcoming fight is not even over yet.

Postol is a big, strong dude... and he's a master clincher until he get's ya'...

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
              If HBO doesn't have the budget then i'm ok with this and Arum is doing his job by keeping him busy, especially if he fights Postol.
              Yeah, it sounds like it is an activity issue for Crawford and time/budget restraints from HBO.

Crawford camp wants three fights this year, sounds like HBO can only do two.

Given that, I don't have a problem with the fight (if it's Postol) being on PPV, especially since it's a good match-up.

Frankly, I have less of a problem with good PPV match-ups than I do bad HBO/SHO match-ups, because the viewer can choose if they want to buy PPV...and if this card is reasonably priced with a solid undercard, I'll probably buy.

Can't say the same for some of the other potential PPV's being floated around.
              Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-16-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                Watch it turn out to be Mike Alvarado or Brandon Rios, or Juan Diaz.
                Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-16-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

haymon officially killed boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    Watch it turn out to be Mike Alvarado or Brandon Rios, or Juan Diaz.
                    My guess is Crawford can't be talked into fighting Postol unless it's PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X