Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs Amir Khan. Who Wins? Why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    I always put the robbery option in my thread, it's hard to fathom that it would even get to that point.
    At second thought, i think it will be hard for robbery to revive the bavarias to their old glory. With scweintestaburger go to man-u, ruben getting older and prone to injury.

Comment

Tommy Hearns would not last one round with Amir Khan!....

In Amir Khans dream!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        Enough of this garbage!

Now I picked Hearns myself, but there is still a considerable amount of nutbaggery flowing through this thread!

First of all is these whoppers like Khan wouldn't make it out of round 1! Now it's of course possible that that could happen, but it's OBVIOUSLY not LIKELY to happen.

Pull up Thomas Hearns record and ACTUALLY CHECK how many opponents Hearns really DID knock out in the first round..

Not a great many!

Now Khan is a top boxer in the year 2015 and even just a quick look at a picture of him shows he is fitter than any boxer of Hearn's era and a quick look at him train and fight shows he is also faster than any and better skilled than most of them too.

So are you claiming that Khan is WORSE than all of Hearns opponents too that he failed to KO in 1 round??

Not a likely story is it!!

And a quick look at these opponents reveals quickly that MOST of the guys Hearns to failed to KO in 1 round, and some of them he failed to KO even at all, were much ****ter than Khan!!

The OTHER bungle here with analysis, is how you take a young boxer like Khan and compare him to a whole career fighter like Hearns who fought through to an age much older than current Khan. It is OBVIOUS that the older the fighter, the more fights and more experience and it is also OBVIOUS that boxers get heftier the older they get!

It doesn't make sense to compare current Khan at his weight range to any version of Hearn's that was much older, in a different stage of his career that Khan hasn't even reached yet and in far heftier weight classes too which Khan hasn't beefed up to yet either!

You should only really compare upto LMW Hearns at the most and disregard anything he did later.

I would also like to finish by pointing out that Hearns couldn't handle a really good fighter at MW like Hagler.

And he never really beat anybody that significant from Welter to MW either besides Duran and Benitez who were not especially better than Khan.
        Duran and Benitez were especially better than Amir Khan. Believe that.

Comment

Hearns KO1 Khan
          with a jab

Comment

Enough of this garbage!

Now I picked Hearns myself, but there is still a considerable amount of nutbaggery flowing through this thread!

First of all is these whoppers like Khan wouldn't make it out of round 1! Now it's of course possible that that could happen, but it's OBVIOUSLY not LIKELY to happen.

Pull up Thomas Hearns record and ACTUALLY CHECK how many opponents Hearns really DID knock out in the first round..

Not a great many!

Now Khan is a top boxer in the year 2015 and even just a quick look at a picture of him shows he is fitter than any boxer of Hearn's era and a quick look at him train and fight shows he is also faster than any and better skilled than most of them too.

So are you claiming that Khan is WORSE than all of Hearns opponents too that he failed to KO in 1 round??

Not a likely story is it!!

And a quick look at these opponents reveals quickly that MOST of the guys Hearns to failed to KO in 1 round, and some of them he failed to KO even at all, were much ****ter than Khan!!

The OTHER bungle here with analysis, is how you take a young boxer like Khan and compare him to a whole career fighter like Hearns who fought through to an age much older than current Khan. It is OBVIOUS that the older the fighter, the more fights and more experience and it is also OBVIOUS that boxers get heftier the older they get!

It doesn't make sense to compare current Khan at his weight range to any version of Hearn's that was much older, in a different stage of his career that Khan hasn't even reached yet and in far heftier weight classes too which Khan hasn't beefed up to yet either!

You should only really compare upto LMW Hearns at the most and disregard anything he did later.

I would also like to finish by pointing out that Hearns couldn't handle a really good fighter at MW like Hagler.

And he never really beat anybody that significant from Welter to MW either besides Duran and Benitez who were not especially better than Khan.

Comment

Hearns by decapitation

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I was tempted to say Khan KOs him with a jab as a joke but it's not even worth it.

And he [Hearns] never really beat anybody that significant from Welter to MW either besides Duran and Benitez who were not especially better than Khan.
                It's already been quoted to death but I think I'm gonna quote it anyway so that it doesn't get drowned out in other comments. This way hopefully you'll get a chance to re-evaluate this opinion.

Comment

Well Duran for example is nothing less than just a rudimentary and aborted version of Manny for a start.

Let's not let passions get in the way of the blatant truth now.

YES Hearns knocks him out..

But let's not pretend that the divide was so great here.

If Hearns fought Khan and DID knock him out, it would be among the shining achievments of his career still.

Let's not forget what this Hearns looked like...

http://static.boxrec.com/thumb/6/6c/...80px-85Mar.jpg

Don't make him out to be a monster. He was also rather fragile.

Comment

Is this a question if Khan fought Hearns right now?

Comment

When compared to Khan Hearns is definitely a monster. It's simply a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X