No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For:Team Canelo on Facing Mayweather, Having a Plan B

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
    Sergio would probably fight Floyd over Chavez later in the year, but that depends on Floyd offering him the fight.

Floyd would also have to give Sergio time to lose the weight in a healthy manner just as he has asked for in the past.
    That's the problem, I ****ted on the Hoya pac fight (Hoya's fault), I don't like Martinez dropping down to 154 just for Floyd.

Unless Martinez moves down and has a fight or two vs one of the best at 154, I don't really care to see it. It means much more for Floyd at 160. Martinez moving down flor Floyd is no different than when Hoya moved down to fight Pac. Or when Dawson moved down to fight Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      That's the problem, I ****ted on the Hoya pac fight (Hoya's fault), I don't like Martinez dropping down to 154 just for Floyd.

Unless Martinez moves down and has a fight or two vs one of the best at 154, I don't really care to see it. It means much more for Floyd at 160. Martinez moving down flor Floyd is no different than when Hoya moved down to fight Pac. Or when Dawson moved down to fight Ward.
      He isn't going to move down to 154 for anyone but Floyd or Canelo (should be at 157 or higher since he weighs the same as Martinez on fight night) as far as I can tell since he is already the undisputed MW champion and those two are the only big fights down there right now.

I have no problem with the fight as long as Floyd gives Sergio the time he requests. It is certainly more compelling to me than something like an Alexander fight.

Comment

I like Bradley and no disrespect, but I totally disagree when talking about him at WW (before fighting Pac). He wasn't a WW and had proved nothing above JWW just like JMM ( and just like when Floyd fought him too). Which was the reason Pac cherry picked these two. They proved nothing and pac avoided the entire WW division to fight these guys that had proved nothing (Alvarez is doing the same thing).

Pac’s not even a big WW yet had these guys move up when pac himself wouldn’t even fight for his WW title he had at the full 147. B*tch move and a cherry pick that went all wrong as Bradley can box, has speed and can move unlike the past prime opposition pac had been cherry picking since he said "no" to fighting Floyd and submitting to extra testing in 2009-2012.

Pac has been fighting at WW and has not fought a legit WW in years. The LW and JWW that pac chose to fight at WW was a cherry pick (just like Alvarez has been doing at JMW). Just because Pac didn't blitz these smaller guys and or lost to them doesn’t mean they're legit WW opposition. It just demonstrates how ****ty Pac's WW opposition has been since fighting Cotto. When LW's and JWW's move up and clown Pac, it raises questions that I have been asking for years. Who has Pac been fighting? Nobody relevant to WW, let alone JMW.

Next, Alvarez is Golden Boys Golden Goose. You can't sit here with a straight face and tell me more people follow Martinez rather than Alvarez. You just can't. However I don’t know why Martinez is really even of topic as he's coming off an injury and fighting Murray in April 2013 with talks of a Chavez jr rematch after.

As much as I want that fight, it's not anywhere on the radar for 2013. I think if it happens, it will be right before Floyd retires. Floyd will be 37-38 and Martinez will be over 40. If neither has lost, it will still be a good fight, but the age will favor Floyd.

Floyd Alvarez fight will happen (because of GBP), but Trout deserves Alvarez and Alvarez must prove he deserves Floyd.
        Bradley is 1 of the best fighters in the world. I'm surprised you're acting like he's not. Lil ginger has never fought anyone in Bradley's league. Comparing Pacman to ginger is thoroughly disrespectful. Pacman has actually done great things. ginger has yet to do a great deed. After Cotto, Pacman beat Clottey at full weight. Clottey was better than Floyd's entire welterweight run.

I never sat there & said Martinez is more followed. I said Martinez has in fact headlined a very solid ppv event. Meanwhile ginger has never headlined a ppv event to compare. You can't sit there with a straight face & tell me that ginger/Floyd is bigger, or does better #'s than Martinez/Floyd.

Yes ginger will get the Floyd fight. But not because he deserved it, nor because the fight warrants merit. It's a bogus fight to make the most money as Floyd treats ginger like a sparring partner. But the average Floyd fan will complain that Floyd won't get any credit for it. And he won't deserve any credit for it to begin with. Like in another tread, I'm happy with the fighters I support cause I like fighters that strive for greatness. Not cherrypick like Floyd & whine when he gets called on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Bradley is 1 of the best fighters in the world. I'm surprised you're acting like he's not. Lil ginger has never fought anyone in Bradley's league. Comparing Pacman to ginger is thoroughly disrespectful. Pacman has actually done great things. ginger has yet to do a great deed. After Cotto, Pacman beat Clottey at full weight. Clottey was better than Floyd's entire welterweight run.

I never sat there & said Martinez is more followed. I said Martinez has in fact headlined a very solid ppv event. Meanwhile ginger has never headlined a ppv event to compare. You can't sit there with a straight face & tell me that ginger/Floyd is bigger, or does better #'s than Martinez/Floyd.

Yes ginger will get the Floyd fight. But not because he deserved it, nor because the fight warrants merit. It's a bogus fight to make the most money as Floyd treats ginger like a sparring partner. But the average Floyd fan will complain that Floyd won't get any credit for it. And he won't deserve any credit for it to begin with. Like in another tread, I'm happy with the fighters I support cause I like fighters that strive for greatness. Not cherrypick like Floyd & whine when he gets called on it.
          Again, Bradley was irrelevant at WW which was my point. We both know Alvarez and Pac have been cherry picking fighters who do not fight at the weight the fight was demanded at. Don’t act like this is not a fact because it is. You can say Bradley is one of the best fighters in the world. I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m just saying that Donair is one of the best too but that is irrelevant when talking about WW. He has never accomplished anything at that weight. Just like JMM hadn’t when Floyd fought (cherry picked) him at WW (Pac too 2X) and Bradley when Pac demanded to fight him at WW. Which was my point. Pac’s not fighting WW’s (when he is they are bums) and Alvarez isn’t fighting JMW’s (which is why he should fight Trout next).

Your Clottey comment is just ****.. Complete ****. Clottey has lost every major fight he has ever been in... lol Some people just love to over rate Clottey in an attempt to make pac look better when ducking the biggest fight that could have been made.

And LOL at you saying Alvarez and Floyd is not the bigger fight but then say that it makes the most money. It makes the most money because it will sell more PPV's. Like I said the first time, we both know why Alvarez is getting the fight. Mayweather Alvarez PPV >> Mayweather Martinez PPV. Doesn’t make it a better fight but like you said yourself, it makes the most money. So once again, Alvarez doesn’t deserve the fight which was my entire point of stating that he should fight Trout next. I think we can agree on that much.

Comment

Again, Bradley was irrelevant at WW which was my point. We both know Alvarez and Pac have been cherry picking fighters who do not fight at the weight the fight was demanded at. Don’t act like this is not a fact because it is. You can say Bradley is one of the best fighters in the world. I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m just saying that Donair is one of the best too but that is irrelevant when talking about WW. He has never accomplished anything at that weight. Just like JMM hadn’t when Floyd fought (cherry picked) him at WW (Pac too 2X) and Bradley when Pac demanded to fight him at WW. Which was my point. Pac’s not fighting WW’s (when he is they are bums) and Alvarez isn’t fighting JMW’s (which is why he should fight Trout next).

Your Clottey comment is just ****.. Complete ****. Clottey has lost every major fight he has ever been in... lol Some people just love to over rate Clottey in an attempt to make pac look better when ducking the biggest fight that could have been made.

And LOL at you saying Alvarez and Floyd is not the bigger fight but then say that it makes the most money. It makes the most money because it will sell more PPV's. Like I said the first time, we both know why Alvarez is getting the fight. Mayweather Alvarez PPV >> Mayweather Martinez PPV. Doesn’t make it a better fight but like you said yourself, it makes the most money. So once again, Alvarez doesn’t deserve the fight which was my entire point of stating that he should fight Trout next. I think we can agree on that much.
            Outside of Pacman & Floyd, which welterweights are you certain beat Bradley??

A win over Clottey is still better than Hatton-Sharmba-Baldomir & Judah though.

When I said most money, I meant as a risk to reward ratio. I'm still certain that Martinez Floyd sells more. You've never answered which major ppv ginger has headlined though.

Comment

Outside of Pacman & Floyd, which welterweights are you certain beat Bradley??

A win over Clottey is still better than Hatton-Sharmba-Baldomir & Judah though.

When I said most money, I meant as a risk to reward ratio. I'm still certain that Martinez Floyd sells more. You've never answered which major ppv ginger has headlined though.
              Nobody atm but JMM would be interesting now that he displayed he can hang. However it’s irrelevant to my point of when pac fought Bradley. You can assume that nobody at WW beats Bradley now but that doesn’t change the fact that Bradley had not accomplished anything at the weight Pac demanded the fight at.

Alvarez has done the same thing which is exactly why he should fight Trout before Mayweather. He has proved nothing at JMW. Just like Bradley at WW or JMM when Floyd demanded to fight him at WW. Didn’t change the fact that JMM was/is a great fighter. He was still irrelevant, just like Bradley at WW or all of Alvarez fights at JMW.

Anyway you know damn well Alvarez hasn't headlined a PPV, but that doesn’t change the fact that Alvarez has a bigger following and IS the biggest PPV draw to be made outside of the Pac fight. Come on, this is common knowledge. I don't know why you want to argue it.

Overall Martinez is the best fight to be made, but it won't outsell Mayweather Alvarez. Again we both know why Alvarez is going to get the fight. He's the biggest draw. All I ask is that he fights Trout first. If he wins, only then does he actually deserve the fight. I don't know what point you are trying to get at as we both are saying Alvarez doesn't deserve the fight (yet).

Comment

Nobody atm but JMM would be interesting now that he displayed he can hang. However it’s irrelevant to my point of when pac fought Bradley. You can assume that nobody at WW beats Bradley now but that doesn’t change the fact that Bradley had not accomplished anything at the weight Pac demanded the fight at.

Alvarez has done the same thing which is exactly why he should fight Trout before Mayweather. He has proved nothing at JMW. Just like Bradley at WW or JMM when Floyd demanded to fight him at WW. Didn’t change the fact that JMM was/is a great fighter. He was still irrelevant, just like Bradley at WW or all of Alvarez fights at JMW.

Anyway you know damn well Alvarez hasn't headlined a PPV, but that doesn’t change the fact that Alvarez has a bigger following and IS the biggest PPV draw to be made outside of the Pac fight. Come on, this is common knowledge. I don't know why you want to argue it.

Overall Martinez is the best fight to be made, but it won't outsell Mayweather Alvarez. Again we both know why Alvarez is going to get the fight. He's the biggest draw. All I ask is that he fights Trout first. If he wins, only then does he actually deserve the fight. I don't know what point you are trying to get at as we both are saying Alvarez doesn't deserve the fight (yet).
                And if Alvarez loses? Does Trout get the fight with Floyd? Does he become more marketable than Sergio after that? He is more unknown now than Sergio from what I can gather, so it would be interesting to see. Could Floyd ask Trout and Martinez to fight for it?

This also assumes Canelo faces Trout, which is a big 'if'. If he beats his next opponent and then gets Mayweather in September who will Mayweather have left for 2014 in terms of big fights? Mayweather-Martinez would be very marketable and should at least come close to matching Mayweather-Alvarez if marketed right.

Comment

Well said. But you know that with the Floyd fight looming ginger will absolutely not fight Trout. He probably won't even fight Angulo. Because no matter how most posters here go on about how strong ginger is, the fact remains he'd never proven that against a jr middleweight. They are going to cherrypick a surefire win for ginger.

Comment

Well said. But you know that with the Floyd fight looming ginger will absolutely not fight Trout. He probably won't even fight Angulo. Because no matter how most posters here go on about how strong ginger is, the fact remains he'd never proven that against a jr middleweight. They are going to cherrypick a surefire win for ginger.
                    You might be right but I hope Alvarez proves us both wrong and takes the fight. The amount of money that Alvarez will make Floyd can't make me hate on Floyd for fighting him. It makes me want to hate on Alvarez for not deserving the damn fight but has such a huge following that gets him the fight without actually deserving it.

At the end of the day its about when, rather then if the fight is going to happen. I'm hoping its after Alvarez proves he's a deserving JMW.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      You might be right but I hope Alvarez proves us both wrong and takes the fight. The amount of money that Alvarez will make Floyd can't make me hate on Floyd for fighting him. It makes me want to hate on Alvarez for not deserving the damn fight but has such a huge following that gets him the fight without actually deserving it.

At the end of the day its about when, rather then if the fight is going to happen. I'm hoping its after Alvarez proves he's a deserving JMW.
                      It won't be after ginger proves he's a deserving jmw. He's somehow a big star without having ever proven it. No need to change now.

Comment

Working...
                      X