Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evander Holyfield -- Who Hit Me the Hardest?? That's Easy ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Great post, very true everything you've brought up but...
    be prepared to be trolled for saying it regardless.
    I know

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      No he didn't. And you research the whole situation first - I.e. Holyfield was a sick man going into the ring. Rather than the actual punching power of Bowe, who had just been floored heavily in the round before I believe, Holyfield was dealing with sickness that caused his energy levels to go up and down constantly.

It was more exhaustion than anything else.

Who?

Obviously Foreman's punches were not as sharp or crisp as someone like Wlad's and Lennox's but the sheer force they were thrown with would make his opponent stand there in disbelief over how hard this man actually punched them. You can see Foreman moving the entire body of another man by throwing a body punch. He was an awesome puncher.
      I believe I said exactly that in my post.

And without any theatrics either of the other guys mentioned would have put Frazier away with 1 solid punch no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He said the same when I met him last year.

He said when Foreman hit him he felt like his teeth came out and he couldn't feel his face momentarily.
        Hulk Hogan sparred him for charity and said Foreman numbed an entire side of his body with a punch to the shoulder. That's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          I believe I said exactly that in my post.

And without any theatrics either of the other guys mentioned would have put Frazier away with 1 solid punch no doubt.
          Listen, guys like Wlad, Foreman, Lennox etc are some of the hardest punchers of all time.

However, when you say they would have put Frazier away with one punch, we need to look at how each guy fights. Lennox and Wlad would never have gone after Frazier the way Foreman did. Ever. That's been proven by each guys career.

They would most likely jab all night, clinch and lean until Frazier was so damn tired he couldn't stand on his feet - if he hadn't gotten to them first. That's how they fight.

Foreman was a beast. Mano a mano - no bs, just fight and let the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            He thuds his punches in with a lot of raw force there isn't much velocity behind nor the same snap you'd see off of a Morrison type of left-hook but perhaps its more of an accumulating type of damage coming off from it especially If you allow him to tee off on you he is bound to send you to the canvas If he is thudding hook from one side of the head to the other you're obviously going to be disambiguated from that and be sent to the canvas.

Take your pick what would you rather have happen to you?

There is a good chance you wont wake up from taking that type of shot Morrison throws at you whilst you're more likely to keep the lights on with Foremans.

Perhaps Foreman has the most hurtful punches because you remain conscious throughout taking the beating he gives you but I have no doubt Morrison overall has more power the sheer fact a not so big a guy like Frazier kept getting back up to his feet from Foremans beating when Frazier in the past was downed by lesser men makes me more than comfortable to say Foreman isn't the biggest puncher of the heavyweights ever.
            Red are you sure your not a lost cousin?

I am Morrison fan too and there is no doubt that Morrison had more pop in his shots than Foreman.

Foreman threw arm punches and push punches.

Morrison threw his punches from the floor with enormous snap using his whole body.

I often used to use this comparison.

Foreman's punches might have contained more total force but it was applied over a longer period of time and didn't have the peak momentary force that Morrison's did.

That's why Morrison's punches could spark guys right out cold, whereas Foreman's could knock you off balance easier but had to wear you down.

Morrison's punches were imo, more concussive! Thumbs up!
            moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Hulk Hogan sparred him for charity and said Foreman numbed an entire side of his body with a punch to the shoulder. That's scary.
              Was it chuck wepner's orbital bone that sprung out of his face from one Foreman punch?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Listen, guys like Wlad, Foreman, Lennox etc are some of the hardest punchers of all time.

However, when you say they would have put Frazier away with one punch, we need to look at how each guy fights. Lennox and Wlad would never have gone after Frazier the way Foreman did. Ever. That's been proven by each guys career.

They would most likely jab all night, clinch and lean until Frazier was so damn tired he couldn't stand on his feet - if he hadn't gotten to them first. That's how they fight.

Foreman was a beast. Mano a mano - no bs, just fight and let the best man win.
                I believe I have alluded to exactly what you said there also. If you read back to other thread you might remember I gave Frazier a few rounds against WK for this reason. What I actually meant above was the first solid clean right hand he connected with, whenever that comes.

As for Lennox, I think he'd have blown Joe away in a round. Look at Michael Grant! If he could blow that mother ****er away, I shudder at what he might do to poor little Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  All fighters talk up guys they looked good against or defeated as their best, hardest hitting, "most dangerous" opponents, while never mentioning the guys that beat the brakes of off 'em.
                  Agreed!

You cannot trust the word of fighters on who hit hardest.

The most famous example is Larry Holmes, who claimed Shavers punched him the hardest, even though we all know it was Tyson!
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Foreman seems to be one of those guys whose punches impact you like an automobile. I recall training with a big guy once who quickly exhausted me because even though the drill involved me blocking, the punches threw me all over the place, like there was a crew of guys swinging a battering ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      I believe I have alluded to exactly what you said there also. If you read back to other thread you might remember I gave Frazier a few rounds against WK for this reason. What I actually meant above was the first solid clean right hand he connected with, whenever that comes.

As for Lennox, I think he'd have blown Joe away in a round. Look at Michael Grant! If he could blow that mother ****er away, I shudder at what he might do to poor little Joe.
                      I don't think so. Joe in his prime had a solid chin.

I don't think so with Lennox either. Grant was too stiff, little skill and he had no chin. Frazier's left hook is the best i've ever seen I think. Even better than Dempsey's and Louis' left hooks. Frazier had skill.

Tyson's come close.

Comment

Working...
                      X