Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Donaire surpass Manny in terms of greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk to me after he sings with Jimmy Kimmel

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      talk to me after he sings with Jimmy Kimmel
      Having not heard Donaire sing a single note, I say he can easily surpass Manny in greatness in terms of carrying a tune.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Having not heard Donaire sing a single note, I say he can easily surpass Manny in greatness in terms of carrying a tune.

you obviously haven't heard Manny's last album...its like heaven for your ears

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
          I don't buy the Rigo **** BTW, Rigo will be exposed in my eyes, and I am sure one of the top guys will do it. Agbeko was calling Rigo out hard, and I hear nothing...
          And what if he doesn't lose? What if Rigo beats 2-3 more fighters and Nonito still leaves the division? If Rigo makes a great career for himself without facing Donaire, it will always be an asterisk on Nonito's legacy. "What would've happened had they fought?", and that line of thinking will benefit Rigo because Nonito is the fighter that TR is rooting for.

Comment

Manny is overrated, so yes.

Comment

Regardless of whether he beats the best for years to come. He won't ever surpass the Manny nostalgia. Manny will go down as the G.O.A.T. Phillipino fighter due to hype and his style of fighting. Plus he beat NAME opponents.

If Donaire beats Rigo. Most people will look at that as some decent fighter on his resume. Not knowing how great of a win that really is. Face it, although Manny's small. Donaire's even smaller. The small guys generally don't get any love.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                And what if he doesn't lose? What if Rigo beats 2-3 more fighters and Nonito still leaves the division? If Rigo makes a great career for himself without facing Donaire, it will always be an asterisk on Nonito's legacy. "What would've happened had they fought?", and that line of thinking will benefit Rigo because Nonito is the fighter that TR is rooting for.
                That is the thing, what if?

If Rigo becomes a guy who has beaten the best or even someone like Agbeko, then he is there. So far, he is clearly not there. Donaire is the man at the top and he makes the choices.

Comment

I doubt it that Donaire will achieve the same greatness PAC although record is made to be broken. PAC if Fl_lcking The Fighter Of The Decade man. He beat out every other fighter to win that award....not just one years but in a 10 years span.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    if he fights the best in every weight up to lightweight yeah. no paper champs like diaz and catch weights yes he can.
                    This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                      hard to beat pac's 4 lineal titles, and 7 world titles in 7 divisons..plus the other awards he's gotten like fighter of teh decade and 3 times fighter of the year, etc...but who knows..he's doing pretty good so far.
                      Unneeded rematches, a couple of close/controversial decisions, and some catch-weights thrown in for good measure. If Nonito can avoid these pitfalls and only fight the most competitive opponents at each division, then it's possible for him to surpass Pac's resume. Every fight has to be made with a motivation to enhance his legacy. No lackluster, broken-down or shot opponents. I'll give him a pass with Arce if it happens in December though.

Comment

Working...
                      X