Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali, Leonard, Whitaker, Jones, and Mayweather: Who you got???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
    no donaire?
    we can just assume that he's in at number 3. don't ask any questions or worry yourself about it, he just is.

Comment

Well I think Ali is the greatest heavyweight ever so I'd pick him based on what you asked...

I wouldn't pick Floyd, Leonard, or Whitaker to beat Sugar Ray Robinson...

Comment

Where's Robinson??? He should be added or replace him for whitaker.

Comment

I can only assume sarcasm with the current results. If you don't choose Ali or Leonard from the list and your being completely honest, you should probably just quit posting altogether. The other cats are very good fighters but please...just stop it already.

Comment

I voted for Sugar Ray Leonard. I think he has the best combination of speed, agility, power, brains, technique and heart.

P4P, if I had to risk my life based on the performance of one boxer, he'd be in the Top 5, if not overall number 1

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
              Roy Jones Jr
              Floyd Mayweather Jr
              Pernell Whittaker
              Ray Leonard
              Muhammad Ali

Jones Jr and Mayweather Jr are the best boxers ever.
              this is close to how i have it..if TS is asking who is the best, skill wise..Ali wouldnt be number 1 on my list..RJJ/PBF could go either way..RJJ was this gifted athlete with amazing speed/reflexes..I dont know if hes as skilled as PBF..but prime Roy couldnt be beat, due to his great attribute..

Comment

Originally posted by slick23 View Post
                I can only assume sarcasm with the current results. If you don't choose Ali or Leonard from the list and your being completely honest, you should probably just quit posting altogether. The other cats are very good fighters but please...just stop it already.
                dont let the nostalgia fool you..just because they fought in the 70s/80s doesnt make them more skilled..this isnt based off resume..just SKILL..how you can say one shouldnt find a Floyd Mayweather or RJJ more skilled than a SRL or Ali is ridiculous. imo Ali just wasnt as skilled as them..however great he may have been..

Comment

1.FMJ 2.RJJ 3.SRL 4.Ali 5.Whitaker

Comment

u measure skills by the quality of names in one's resume right?

anyway thats for another topic entirely, and to answer the question at hand at face value, i hav to say PBF... besides besides being blessed with natural gifts like having excellent speed, reflexes and athleticism, the guy is very grounded in the fundamentals and has a very high boxing IQ... i reckon he could compete at the elite level even at the higher weights for extended period of time because say even if those natural gifts erode, he would still possess the basic fundamentals and his fairly high boxing IQ to tide him through... ( and not to mention his safety first approach to his fights)

ali, jones and whitaker all boxing geniuses, had all these gifts too but not as fundamentally grounded like PBF...

Comment

sugar ray leonard!

Comment

Working...
                      X