Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing my all time fav sport but we need to get rid of 4 titles per class and then...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing my all time fav sport but we need to get rid of 4 titles per class and then...

Although I was a hockey player by trade, Boxing has been my all time fav sport but we need to get rid of 4 titles per class and then...we will be taking the right step to getting boxing back in mainstream media and bringing back to glory years. Think of this when boxing was at its peak 20s-70s we def had some shady promoters out there but at least we had only one title per weight not to mention we only had FW,LW,WW,MW,LHW,HW. So all the fighters were not in 10+ weight classes so the sport wasn't watered down like today. The one thing UFC is doing right is giving the fans what they want, limiting the weigh divisions and getting one belt per class. Having said that what was the original Championship title called? ( WBC ? )

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
    Although I was a hockey player by trade, Boxing has been my all time fav sport but we need to get rid of 4 titles per class and then...we will be taking the right step to getting boxing back in mainstream media and bringing back to glory years. Think of this when boxing was at its peak 20s-70s we def had some shady promoters out there but at least we had only one title per weight not to mention we only had FW,LW,WW,MW,LHW,HW. So all the fighters were not in 10+ weight classes so the sport wasn't watered down like today. The one thing UFC is doing right is giving the fans what they want, limiting the weigh divisions and getting one belt per class. Having said that what was the original Championship title called? ( WBC ? )

I'd love to hear your thoughts....
    2 belts would be good for me. Floyd/Manny. Canelo/Lara. GGG/Cotto. Ward/Froch. Wlad/Wlad. Garcia/Peterson. Etc..

Comment

I'm ok with two belts per division. With the main guy having the WBC and Ring Magazine titles and the second best with just the WBA. I also wouldn't mind going back to less weight division. 118, 126, 135, 147, 160, 175, 200 and heavyweight.

Comment

I'm ok with many weight classes because it gives more guys opportunities to make careers and pursue titles. The fact that nearly everyone is a champion of some sort is a joke though. Even casuals notice it when two guys fight, both are "champs" and both leave with belts. Seriously devalues the belt.

Comment

If you have only one champion per weight class how would guys like Arthur Abraham and Juergen Braehmer make nice paychecks?

You'd be taking food out of their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            I'm ok with two belts per division. With the main guy having the WBC and Ring Magazine titles and the second best with just the WBA. I also wouldn't mind going back to less weight division. 118, 126, 135, 147, 160, 175, 200 and heavyweight.
            Recently changed profile picture? Lulz

Comment

This is all wishful thinking nothing more. As long as there is money to squeeze of it they will be making the latino intercontinental european pretty face top #2 championship belt all day.

Comment

Working...
              X