No announcement yet.

Is ward win over kessler tainted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Every fighter gets the rub of the green at home but unlike Ward, Hatton fought away from home. He beat Collazo, Urango, Malignaggi and Castillo in the US (Vegas and NYC).

Hatton was willing to go to Australia to fight Tszyu he wanted the fight badly enough.
    I completely agree. Ward needs to fight away from home, at the moment he has a small but nagging question mark over his otherwise solid resume.

Also i dont think Hattons clinching is as bad as Wards from a fan perspective, Hatton grappled to set up his offence, when he wasnt grappling he threw a ridiculous amount of punches. Ward uses it to stop his opponent throwing punches which is much harder to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      whats tainted is all these stupid threads about fights being tainted! :AYWOoD:
      even better the sport of boxing is tainted it always has always will lol cant get away from controversy in the sport of boxing just kinda gotta deal with it unfortunately determining if somethings tainted doesnt change the record books

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I completely agree. Ward needs to fight away from home, at the moment he has a small but nagging question mark over his otherwise solid resume.

Also i dont think Hattons clinching is as bad as Wards from a fan perspective, Hatton grappled to set up his offence, when he wasnt grappling he threw a ridiculous amount of punches. Ward uses it to stop his opponent throwing punches which is much harder to watch.
        so the question mark over his head is "how good would he have actually been if he didnt fight in oakland"??????????????

smh....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          100%

Incredible. This video counts a whopping 88 clinches initiated unpenalized by Andre Ward.

And watch how he slams his head towards Kessler's face every so often.

How can any fan of boxing say that this is not a tainted win?

Comment

Both guys employed rough tactics that the ref allowed them to get away with.

John Ruiz, Carlos Molina, Sergio Mora and a slew of other fighters have used or use these tactics and gotten away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
              so the question mark over his head is "how good would he have actually been if he didnt fight in oakland"??????????????

smh....
              If you read my other post you'd see im a fan of Ward. Yes that is a question mark over his resume IMO. Its a question which im sure he would answer on account of his mental toughness, but it is a question nonetheless.

No need to get worked up over it its only my opinion, which counts for jack **** in the scheme of things.

Comment

Andre "Billygoat" Waaaaaard.......sounds pretty cool

Comment

wow didnt know he held that many times. they should rematch and have a fair fight. Looks like Kessler could get the best of Ward in a fair fight

Comment

I think it is somewhat tainted because he gets away with stuff in Oakland that he probably would not get away with on neutral ground with a neutral referee.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                      Both guys employed rough tactics that the ref allowed them to get away with.

John Ruiz, Carlos Molina, Sergio Mora and a slew of other fighters have used or use these tactics and gotten away with it.
                      What kind of dirty tactics did Kessler get away with?

Comment

Working...
                      X