Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito rematch preview: Badass Video!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    Neither is the same fighter. In my opinion, Cotto is improving, Margo's last 3 fights were...less than impressive, putting it mildly. Especially now that margo has twice tasted vicious beatdowns, Cotto has a very good chance at avenging that controversial loss. Cotto vs margo2!!
    Cotto improving?

He lost/got brutalized vs clottey, quit and got beaten down by pac, took him an extra three rounds to stop a one legged hebrew. I don't know how you can say cotto is improving.

Lol@ ppl sayin Tony can't hurt noone without plaster, he hurt pacquiao and had him back pedaling round....7?

Pacquiao was lucky to get out that round alive, words of pacquiao not me.

The margarito that fought pacquiao would beat any 147-154 that night no doubt about it.

Cotto is at the end of his career and currently is a knee waiting to happen. Heard he's gunna fight some bum then he's gunna get reited by either Tony or El Gran Vaca de Dinero.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicali View Post
      He might of looked like **** vs Shane and Pac, doesn't mean Cotto will win. Cotto has no chin, can't handle pressure, and can't hurt Margs. Do the math. I don't like Margs, but Cotto cant handle him.

P.S. It would be a 12 rd fight, Cotto is a 4-5 round fighter. Margs by 9th rd stoppage
      Cotto has no chin??????

Comment

If el chicken **** ever grows the balls to stop cancelling his fight with Cotto...bet me all your points if you're so confident!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Cheney View Post
          Cotto improving?

He lost/got brutalized vs clottey, quit and got beaten down by pac, took him an extra three rounds to stop a one legged hebrew. I don't know how you can say cotto is improving.

Lol@ ppl sayin Tony can't hurt noone without plaster, he hurt pacquiao and had him back pedaling round....7?

Pacquiao was lucky to get out that round alive, words of pacquiao not me.

The margarito that fought pacquiao would beat any 147-154 that night no doubt about it.

Cotto is at the end of his career and currently is a knee waiting to happen. Heard he's gunna fight some bum then he's gunna get reited by either Tony or El Gran Vaca de Dinero.
          Margarito last opponents
          Cotto lost but Margarito got a beat down at the same time
          Mosley beat him up really bad
          Garcia - Margarito beat him convincingly but did not stop a bum.
          Pacquiao - Beat him up really bad

What has Margarito shown that he could beat Cotto?

Comment

I'd like to see Cotto win, but Margarito is hard to put down and I don't think Cotto has the power to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              Margarito last opponents
              Cotto lost but Margarito got a beat down at the same time
              Mosley beat him up really bad
              Garcia - Margarito beat him convincingly but did not stop a bum.
              Pacquiao - Beat him up really bad

What has Margarito shown that he could beat Cotto?
              Cotto can't fight tough motheruf*kers like tony who pressure all night long. Tony has taken beatings but has shown he can still own cotto. Cotto isn't the same guy who came to kill. Tony took his soul, Cotto is nothing but a lifeless carcus that will be put away.

FYI there would be no point in stopping garcia, garcia is a tough guy and it was a tune up for Tony so he could get some rounds in because he didn't fight for a year and half. I would admit Cotto could have a shot to beat Tony if Tony would of collapsed and crumbled before pacquiaos punchs.

Nope, he's still the same tough SOB Cotto met in 08.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                Cotto has no chin??????
                Yes, that was a foolish comment of that guy, Cotto has no heart, but he has a solid chin, he ain't no A-Mere-Con

Comment

Originally posted by So Focused View Post
                  Well said, now you pissed off all the puerto ricans. You probably pissed off your wifey too Cuauh.

I don't like Marg but he beat Cotto on the first and nobody really knows if he cheated.
                  Well remember my baby momma is Puertorican, my wife is Indian

I like Cotto, have nothing against him, it's just that there is that guy for everyone. The way Junior Jones was "that guy" for Barrera, Marg is that guy for Cotto.

Cotto is at his best when he moves forward, when he is the bully. Marg won't allow him to do that because he's bigger, stronger than Cotto.

People then say, "Cotto lost because he didn't work the body". LOL I have to laugh at that one because first of all, Cotto did try and go to the body, watch the tape. It's just that when you attack the body, you must be in close and expose yourself to counters, especially uppercuts which is Tony's best punch.

Like I said, unless Tony is shot and not the same fighter, I see the same result as before. Cotto taking a beating and getting stopped in the later rounds. This time I think Marg will carry over the confidence of having beaten Cotto before and that will work in his favor even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    WTF does that have to do with Cotto? Hahahaha

He lost to Pac the best pound4pound fighter in the world...so?

Cotto can't take the pressure, he just can't. He can't do what he wants to do and that's move forward and work the body. As soon as he stands in front of Marg he's getting pummeled. Marg's upercuts and body work are too much for Cotto.

Marg is too big, too strong and has too good a chin to be threatened by Cotto. Not a good match up for him, never will be.

I know you want your revenge but it won't happen unless Marg is shot. If the same Marg that came into the ring vs Pac shows up vs Cotto, Cotto is getting KO'd.
                    You might be right but if you watch the first match again Cotto was acting very overconfident in the first 3 rounds and that is where Marg hurt him initially. If Cotto changes his style with the help of Stewart and beats Marg would you say that Marg is still shot¿

The only way Cotto beats Marg is by changing his style and getting his stamina up. Otherwise it will be a repeat.. assuming that Marg, did not have inserts in his gloves the first time.

Comment

Working...
                    X