Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs. Aaron Pryor Amateur Bout (No Headgear)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hearns vs. Aaron Pryor Amateur Bout (No Headgear)

i think this has been post before but some people never see it. enjoy

Pryor was such a beast.

In fairness to Hearns though, in the amateurs he wasn't a puncher yet. Out of over a 100 fights he only had 7 knockouts. It wasn't till he turned pro did Stewart teach him how to really punch hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Pryor was such a beast.

In fairness to Hearns though, in the amateurs he wasn't a puncher yet. Out of over a 100 fights he only had 7 knockouts. It wasn't till he turned pro did Stewart teach him how to really punch hard.
      you can tell that he was really trying to load up and chop down on pryor with the right hand.

i imagine that tommy went through a growth spurt and was adapting to his gangly tall body.

Comment

Steward did a terrific job at bringing out the puncher in Tommy when he became a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          i think this has been post before but some people never see it. enjoy

Thank you for the showing. Pryor was relentless wasn't he, and with such a terrific amateur record. I was surprised to see that Hearns was VERY slow, by comparison with later years. Also, that he threw his right hand as if it were a hammer, and SLOooow.

I'm glad he got much better he was a favourite fighter of mine.

By the way all amateurs fought in those days without headgear. I have a 59-3 record without headgear, and never even had a cut nor a nosebleed.

Had my nose broken twice however playing the "gentleman''s game (as it was then known as) CRICKET..........once by a bat, and once by a ball........UNBELIEVABLE...but true.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
            Steward did a terrific job at bringing out the puncher in Tommy when he became a pro.
            Do you dodoheads never get tired of that faked up picture of Klitschko???? Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              Do you dodoheads never get tired of that faked up picture of Klitschko???? Sad.
              No...and I'll ever get tired of seeing how ****tional Klit-Lickers get when people criticize or make jokes about them, as if they are being made fun of themselves.

Truthfully I've had that pic for years and am just too damn lazy to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                No...and I'll ever get tired of seeing how ****tional Klit-Lickers get when people criticize or make jokes about them, as if they are being made fun of themselves.

Truthfully I've had that pic for years and am just too damn lazy to change it.
                That pic has been up there since the height of your fame and glory as a thread jacker. and klit harasser.

Those were some good times.

Comment

Working...
                X