No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Still Wants Cotto, Views Canelo as Mega Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    so when cotto wins saturday ggg is going to have to agree to 155 or so to fight cotto.
    154.5, Cotto is A side and won't be happy until somebody gets seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      where kafkod ?

Aw get real willya.

Do you talk utter **** in front of your parents/family, or just us ?

Team Golovkin have been nothing but inconsistent, from the word go.

The timeline.....

First it was, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 168 "
      http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...-at-154160-168

Then Andre Ward announced his comeback.

So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 164 "
      http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...0-split--93258

Then Ward said that he would consider a catchweight.

So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160 "
      http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Abel_...ht_us/10102303

Then Cotto/Canelo both insisted upon a catchweight.

So now it is, " Gennady Golovkin eyes unification at middleweight "
      http://www.ibtimes.com.au/boxing-new...titles-1476074

Then Ward moved to LHW.

So NOW it is, " Golovkin Will Go Anywhere To Face Carl Froch! "
      http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-g...l-froch--97726

The only thing that Team Golovkin have been consistent about is tip-toeing through the tulips and avoiding world-class opposition.
      Another poster who does nothing but talk ****..........

That fight is viable at 154.

That fight is viable at 155.

That fight is viable at 156.

That fight is even most likely still viable at 157.

That fight is not viable, because YOU are not viable.

If you had any integrity you would hold Golovkin to his bull****.
      Last edited by kafkod; 11-18-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Aw get real willya.

Do you talk utter **** in front of your parents/family, or just us ?

Team Golovkin have been nothing but inconsistent, from the word go.

The timeline.....

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...-at-154160-168

Then Andre Ward announced his comeback.

So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 164 "
          http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...0-split--93258

Then Ward said that he would consider a catchweight.

So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160 "
          http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Abel_...ht_us/10102303

Then Cotto/Canelo both insisted upon a catchweight.

So now it is, " Gennady Golovkin eyes unification at middleweight "
          http://www.ibtimes.com.au/boxing-new...titles-1476074

Then Ward moved to LHW.

So NOW it is, " Golovkin Will Go Anywhere To Face Carl Froch! "
          http://www.boxingscene.com/sanchez-g...l-froch--97726

The only thing that Team Golovkin have been consistent about is tip-toeing through the tulips and avoiding world-class opposition.

They have consistently said they will move up or down for big $$$/exposure fights. Your timeline proves nothing different. I've explained this to you a few times and all you do is post crap. But to address your BS let’s go over your timeline…

Your first link is from March of 2012 when GGG started fighting in the States. Yes, he and his team said 154-168. They were looking for any live, name opponents at that time. Sometime between that and your next link was the meeting with HBO. GGG said yes. Ward said no. HBO wanted both fighters to get busy building the fight. So…

Golovkin fights Proksa, Rosado, Ishida, Jacklin, Stevens, Adama, Geale, Rubio, and Monroe Jr. culminating in sellouts at arenas on both coasts, ratings of around 1.2-1.4 million, and the overwhelming buzz of the boxing world.

Meanwhile, Ward fights…Dawson (at 168) in Sept 2012, Rodriguez in Nov 2013, and Smith in June 2015. The last fight takes place in Ward’s hometown arena where they are giving away tickets so the place won’t look half empty to the 300k watching around the world on BET. Somewhere in there, according to your timeline…

Then Andre Ward announced his comeback. So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 164 "

…you then post a link from July of 2015 which is over 3 YEARS AFTER your first…and yes, Loeffler threw out an even split 50/50 at 164. Considering the work each fighter put in and results they got in between your links, I’d say that’s a more-than-generous offer. Ironically, the article you linked to says GGG “won’t be facing IBF champion David Lemieux this year…” Then you claim …

Then Ward said that he would consider a catchweight. So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160 "

…and to back it up you actually go back in time a couple of months to May of 2015 to an interview Sanchez is giving about the upcoming Monroe Jr. fight. No mention of Ward here. No mention of 168. Just Abel saying no one at 154 or 160 goes 12 with GGG. Maybe you posted the wrong link? In any case, I’ve followed this situation pretty closely for the last couple of years and don’t ever recall Ward considering a catchweight. Please provide the proper link. Then your timeline continues with….

Then Cotto/Canelo both insisted upon a catchweight. So now it is, " Gennady Golovkin eyes unification at middleweight "

…but link to an article from late Oct of 2015 after GGG’d beaten Lemieux, and yes, hoping to unify as he will get the winner of Cotto/Canelo. No mention of a catchweight in the article. Shouldn’t be any as GGG is the WBC mandatory who agreed to step aside to get the winner. A winner cannot impose a catchweight on a mandatory challenger for the MW title in the MW division. Not sure what your point is with this one but the winner of this fight is a big $$$/exposure fight in his own division. No mention that K2 had already rejected Ward’s crappy offer of 50/50 and a 10-15lb weight disadvantage just after they’d signed on for Lemieux. Then you go to…

Then Ward moved to LHW. So NOW it is, " Golovkin Will Go Anywhere To Face Carl Froch! "

…which brings us to your last link from early Nov 2015. Eddie Hearn hints Froch may be lured out of retirement to fight GGG. Sanchez is asked about it and in the article he says …

“Carl Froch is a guy that we’ve always respected. Golovkin respects him tremendously for what he’s accomplished. I think the fact that he’s such a glow in England and filled up the Wembley Stadium when he fought George Groves, he still is somebody that Golovkin would love to fight because of that. Golovkin is looking for the biggest names, the biggest fights, the biggest financial reward fights for him and Carl represents one of those. Whether it’s in England, whether it’s in New York or Las Vegas, I think that Golovkin is willing to go anywhere to fight Carl Froch."

GGG has always been interested in Froch (Ward’s best win BTW) because of $$$ and exposure. How is this inconsistent? What does Ward moving up to his natural weight class at this point have to do with GGG/Froch? Does Ward fill up Wembley or bring big $$$? Ultimately telling is the respect offered to Froch who fought all the tough fights while Ward’s sat on his ass and done next to nothing. So now, Ward’s calling Golovkin names while sending BS offers. I think that GGG has respect for Ward’s skill as a fighter and he’s always said so, but to quote his interview about the HBO meeting, he says to Ward, “I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me.” That’s all you need to know.

The only inconsistencies here are in the logic and flow of your posts. Your problem is, that just like Ward, you haven’t put in the work.

Comment

Of course he still wants to fight them, regardless if they have the belt or not.

He's looking for a big pay day like every other Boxer and he knows he needs them to get it, because as we just found out, he can't do that on his name alone as he is still just a B-Side fighter.

Money: The Ultimate Truth Serum.

Comment

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
              They have consistently said they will move up or down for big $$$/exposure fights. Your timeline proves nothing different. I've explained this to you a few times and all you do is post crap. But to address your BS let’s go over your timeline…

Your first link is from March of 2012 when GGG started fighting in the States. Yes, he and his team said 154-168. They were looking for any live, name opponents at that time. Sometime between that and your next link was the meeting with HBO. GGG said yes. Ward said no. HBO wanted both fighters to get busy building the fight. So…

Golovkin fights Proksa, Rosado, Ishida, Jacklin, Stevens, Adama, Geale, Rubio, and Monroe Jr. culminating in sellouts at arenas on both coasts, ratings of around 1.2-1.4 million, and the overwhelming buzz of the boxing world.

Meanwhile, Ward fights…Dawson (at 168) in Sept 2012, Rodriguez in Nov 2013, and Smith in June 2015. The last fight takes place in Ward’s hometown arena where they are giving away tickets so the place won’t look half empty to the 300k watching around the world on BET. Somewhere in there, according to your timeline…

Then Andre Ward announced his comeback. So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160, 164 "

…you then post a link from July of 2015 which is over 3 YEARS AFTER your first…and yes, Loeffler threw out an even split 50/50 at 164. Considering the work each fighter put in and results they got in between your links, I’d say that’s a more-than-generous offer. Ironically, the article you linked to says GGG “won’t be facing IBF champion David Lemieux this year…” Then you claim …

Then Ward said that he would consider a catchweight. So it became, " Golovkin: I'll fight anyone at 154, 160 "

…and to back it up you actually go back in time a couple of months to May of 2015 to an interview Sanchez is giving about the upcoming Monroe Jr. fight. No mention of Ward here. No mention of 168. Just Abel saying no one at 154 or 160 goes 12 with GGG. Maybe you posted the wrong link? In any case, I’ve followed this situation pretty closely for the last couple of years and don’t ever recall Ward considering a catchweight. Please provide the proper link. Then your timeline continues with….

Then Cotto/Canelo both insisted upon a catchweight. So now it is, " Gennady Golovkin eyes unification at middleweight "

…but link to an article from late Oct of 2015 after GGG’d beaten Lemieux, and yes, hoping to unify as he will get the winner of Cotto/Canelo. No mention of a catchweight in the article. Shouldn’t be any as GGG is the WBC mandatory who agreed to step aside to get the winner. A winner cannot impose a catchweight on a mandatory challenger for the MW title in the MW division. Not sure what your point is with this one but the winner of this fight is a big $$$/exposure fight in his own division. No mention that K2 had already rejected Ward’s crappy offer of 50/50 and a 10-15lb weight disadvantage just after they’d signed on for Lemieux. Then you go to…

Then Ward moved to LHW. So NOW it is, " Golovkin Will Go Anywhere To Face Carl Froch! "

…which brings us to your last link from early Nov 2015. Eddie Hearn hints Froch may be lured out of retirement to fight GGG. Sanchez is asked about it and in the article he says …

“Carl Froch is a guy that we’ve always respected. Golovkin respects him tremendously for what he’s accomplished. I think the fact that he’s such a glow in England and filled up the Wembley Stadium when he fought George Groves, he still is somebody that Golovkin would love to fight because of that. Golovkin is looking for the biggest names, the biggest fights, the biggest financial reward fights for him and Carl represents one of those. Whether it’s in England, whether it’s in New York or Las Vegas, I think that Golovkin is willing to go anywhere to fight Carl Froch."

GGG has always been interested in Froch (Ward’s best win BTW) because of $$$ and exposure. How is this inconsistent? What does Ward moving up to his natural weight class at this point have to do with GGG/Froch? Does Ward fill up Wembley or bring big $$$? Ultimately telling is the respect offered to Froch who fought all the tough fights while Ward’s sat on his ass and done next to nothing. So now, Ward’s calling Golovkin names while sending BS offers. I think that GGG has respect for Ward’s skill as a fighter and he’s always said so, but to quote his interview about the HBO meeting, he says to Ward, “I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me.” That’s all you need to know.

The only inconsistencies here are in the logic and flow of your posts. Your problem is, that just like Ward, you haven’t put in the work.
              Dude, about****ingtime, literally changed the quotes hoping you wouldn't notice.

I'll fight anyone from 154-168

Then they said no one from 154-160 goes 12 rounds.

Then he said he'll only come down in weight for Floyd.

He acts like these are not three very different statement. Not one contradicts the other.

About****ingtime thinks he is slick, but he is either really dumb or hopes you are.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                The problem is that Cotto doesn't want any of Golovkin.
                and i dont get why guys like you are pressing a former 140lber, who lost at welterweight and jr middleweight, to fight a mw....morally this fight has not place in my heart...ggg is that bad of a man, but it is said that ppl want to see him go unchallenged. just handing him a small guy with a name and calling it a good fight...

Comment

Originally posted by PitbullParsons View Post
                  He's part of the lineage to the belt.
                  bro please stop with that percieve title...cotto is the name of that mess..but the world knows better..enough excuse for ggg he wants to fight a former 140lber that lost at 147 and 154...im tired of this joke..he's a bad man that is not willing to prove just how bad he is

Comment

Espn sportscenter just put up a stat saying Cotto is 8-1 against Mexican fighters

Comment

[QUOTE=Progrssive_Jedi;16240567]Cotto is a scared little biitch.

However, you people are hypocrites. GGG has no names, but he goes after names and you all still *****.

We have so many butt hurt fans of Canelo, Cotto, Ward that it's absolutely funny.

Why is he going after the smaller Cotto? Not the bigger Ward? His ***ggot ass has no intentions of making the Ward fight at 168. Ward fought one time at 172 and would for sure take a fight with lil g at 168. Get lil g's dick out your mouth dog.

At first it was "Lil g just wants to unify" Now it is "He wants the money." You ******* been claiming lil g just wanted the belts that why he can't move up for Ward. He just killed that myth by still wanting to fight Cotto. He wants to fight the best: Floyd, Cotto, etc... All smaller dudes. But when it comes to Ward who is REGARDED as one of the best. Lil g and his team act like church girls and straight bytches. Ward smashes lil g that's why you and all his dick riders never say "Hey lets make that ggg vs Ward fight I wanna see it." And lil g is supposed to be a killer? GTFOH

Comment

Working...
                      X