Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most exciting British heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Harsh words.

I see David Price is ahead in the poll.
    I was being metaphorical.

He may be but I disagree with it, lots of people don't like Haye and unfortunately they don't have the ability to be unbiased. Price is exciting right now because he is dismantling fighters as he is making his way through lower levels. If you take Haye's career as a whole he has been in lots of exciting fights, including title fights.

I do look forward to Price fights though I have to admit

Comment

Personally, I like Price. The guy is an absolutely devastating puncher with the right and may well be the hardest punching heavyweight right now. You could make an argument for Fury as he is creating some noise himself. I hope something comes of the rivalry between Fury and Price and they fight each other soon.

Comment

David Haye is the total package and by far the most entertaining fighter of Britain, followed by Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury.

David Price is getting better and better after each fight, but his fights are quickly over to get much excited.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          I was being metaphorical.

He may be but I disagree with it, lots of people don't like Haye and unfortunately they don't have the ability to be unbiased. Price is exciting right now because he is dismantling fighters as he is making his way through lower levels. If you take Haye's career as a whole he has been in lots of exciting fights, including title fights.

I do look forward to Price fights though I have to admit
          I must admit Haye's fight with age 40 light heavyweight journeyman Carl Thompson was exciting. But most of Hayes' heavyweight fights were dull.

Comment

Against opponents his size or smaller - David Haye.

Otherwise I'd pick Price.

Comment

I must admit Haye's fight with age 40 light heavyweight journeyman Carl Thompson was exciting. But most of Hayes' heavyweight fights were dull.
              His fight with Fragomini was exciting, his fight with Mormeck was exciting. His KO of Macrinelli waas exciting. His fight with Ruiz was dominant and exciting, so was Barrett, Chisora. The Thompson fight was exciting, even if you are trying to Mock him. What exciting fights has Wlad been in? None...absolutely none. The first Peter fight was decent, he got knocked down by nothing and got up and won, even on the knockdowns it looked like he was panicking more than anything. He has never shown true grit and turned a fight around in the heat of battle. He is a great fighter, but only under control, luckily for him he is good at that, against a very sub par division.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                His fight with Fragomini was exciting, his fight with Mormeck was exciting. His KO of Macrinelli waas exciting. His fight with Ruiz was dominant and exciting, so was Barrett, Chisora. The Thompson fight was exciting, even if you are trying to Mock him. What exciting fights has Wlad been in? None...absolutely none. The first Peter fight was decent, he got knocked down by nothing and got up and won, even on the knockdowns it looked like he was panicking more than anything. He has never shown true grit and turned a fight around in the heat of battle. He is a great fighter, but only under control, luckily for him he is good at that, against a very sub par division.
                Wlad has had many exciting fights.

Comment

I really liked Haye at CW, he's become too passive overall since moving up.

Comment

Wlad has had many exciting fights.
                    Klitschko-Ibragimov. Don't try and defend that bloody awful fight. It was the fight that was supposed to make Wlad a superstar in America, HBO hyped it up & gave it massive build-up. The stage was set for showcase of Wlad's undoubted talents but it was a stinker which had the crowd booing & walking out after only a few rounds.

A HW unification fight at the Mecca of boxing & what did Wlad do? He spent 12 rounds tentatively pawing & grabbing an opponent he enjoyed every physical advantage over.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                      Klitschko-Ibragimov. Don't try and defend that bloody awful fight. It was the fight that was supposed to make Wlad a superstar in America, HBO hyped it up & gave it massive build-up. The stage was set for showcase of Wlad's undoubted talents but it was a stinker which had the crowd booing & walking out after only a few rounds.

A HW unification fight at the Mecca of boxing & what did Wlad do? He spent 12 rounds tentatively pawing & grabbing an opponent he enjoyed every physical advantage over.
                      Haye-Valuev. Don't try and defend that bloody awful fight. Haye had bragged before the fight he would knock him out.

His first HW title fight and what did Haye do? He spent 12 rounds running away from a slow, feather-fisted boxer who had been beaten in his previous fight by age 46 Evander Holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                      X