Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Kirkland won't be no war

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dan-cov has been spot on with his predictions lately. Rios got embarrassed by Abril, Froch raped Bute, etc.

Comment

Canelo is going to wreck Kirkland, unless I am totally wrong about Canelo he is a different level of fighter from what I have seen of both men.

That would be 100% healthy Kirkland, let alone Kirkland coming off a fairly serious shoulder injury that is why he didn't get the fight in the first place because he wasn't suppose to be ready. What changed in his condition in a couple weeks other than they really needed him~ thus would meet his price to take this risk.

I don't see any reason to like Kirkland in this fight, he could be +5000 and it would be a sucker bet~

Comment

Why can't people shut up and at least be happy about the fact that Canelo FINALLY looks set to fight Top fighters??? I mean the only "notable" wins he has so far are Ryan Rhodes (Top 10 SWW), Kermit Cintron, and Shane Mosley. Rhodes was a good win, Cintron was ehhhh at best, and Mosley was pointless.

It'd be great if Canelo fought Kirkland in September, Trout-Rodriguez winner in December, and Cotto in May/June 2013. If he went through those 3 fights and won all of them, I say he's more than earned a Mayweather fight at that point.

I'm just glad he's stepping it up finally. I thought he was when he decided to fight Rhodes, who was a Top SWW at the time.

Comment

It will be a onesided beatdown overall, but Kirkland may come with some bombs.

Not sold on Kirkland at all. I loved the Angulo fight but i don't think he's close to as good as some others do.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
            but when pacquiao beat mosley yu were crying this the greatest thing thats ever happened -_-
            When you don't know what the hell you're talking about, you should just shut up, real talk.

Comment

Well whatever happens, you could be sure it's not going to be a boring fight. GBP are actually good match makers. And with Kirkland looking vulnerable as of late, to them he's just another sheep for the slaughter. But with Kirklands punching power, they better pray he's doesn't turn out to be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                It makes no difference, the other poster acted as if Canelo was lit up by Mosley which simply isn't true. He looked the way he was supposed to look vs Mosley.

I don't understand this hatred for Canelo, sure he didn't beat the best fighter at 154lbs but you have to understand why they gave him that title. He's a cash cow but that doesn't mean he's a fraud, it's just that the WBC is corrupt.....news flash.

I think your selling Canelo short and we haven't seen what he can do against the elite. I thought Paul Williams would have been a tough fight and Kirkland will definitely be a huge risk of a fight. We are about to see what this kid is made of and I'm not willing to trash him just yet.
                I think ginger gets too much credit for what he's done. Most of it is fabricated. I guess i simply never really liked the big stars of the sport except for Oscar & Cotto lately. I mean they would fight anyone. I'm tired of promoters force feeding me cashcows that get fed title & defenses that they haven't earned or don't deserve. Look at my bwoy Punisher, his career is ****ing over & I know he had a great shot at beating the trio of Floyd, Pacman & Cotto at 147. Fighters should earn there titles, like all the other non-stars have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I think ginger gets too much credit for what he's done. Most of it is fabricated. I guess i simply never really liked the big stars of the sport except for Oscar & Cotto lately. I mean they would fight anyone. I'm tired of promoters force feeding me cashcows that get fed title & defenses that they haven't earned or don't deserve. Look at my bwoy Punisher, his career is ****ing over & I know he had a great shot at beating the trio of Floyd, Pacman & Cotto at 147. Fighters should earn there titles, like all the other non-stars have to.
                  I hear you but the jury is still out on Canelo and you can't deny the kids skill and poise for such a young guy.

I think the sky is the limit for him to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Kirkland beats ginger. I don't see how ya'll think Canelo works him over easily. Kirkland has better power & better stamina. Canelo has better skill & maybe a better chin. Oh yeah Kirkland has better experience too. Yeah I said it, what??

How can you say he has better stamina? He has never been past 10 rounds! More experienced? That is debatable too.
                    Canelo will knock him senseless!

Comment

I am not sure why people say/think Canelos defense is bad, okay he doesn't have Floyd, Toney, Whitaker defense but the guys defense isn't at all bad. Very rarely does he get hit with anything of note.

Kirkland has absolutely ZERO defense and for a guy with a Weetabix chin that sure as hell is not good.

Who wants to bet? I have 1 billion saying Canelo knocks Kirkland out.

Comment

Working...
                      X