No announcement yet.

Fredie Roach said Frankie Gomez loves Tacos and Beer too much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredie Roach said Frankie Gomez loves Tacos and Beer too much

Said he believes Frankie is very talented but lacks discipline, he said Frankie was upset with Golden boy not giving him knowledge of his next opponent so he said he went home and ate a ton of Mexican food and ballooned to 180 pounds in a few weeks.

Didn't Gomez spend time in jail for having cocaine and weed on him? Gomez needs to realize why Oscar stopped really getting behind him, and focuses more on Canelo cause Gomez is basically unpredictable and not consistent.

Gomez lives that "Vato" life from what I understand.

I remember when GBP extended his contract, and most likely gave him a decent signing bonus, they showed pictures of it, dude was dressed like he just rolled out of bed, and was absolutely huge.

That's when I had my doubts he would ever make it. It's too bad, I absolutely love the way he fights.

Comment

This kid need to get out of the hood , and put his eyes on becoming a world champion in boxing

Comment

Can't blame Frankie for loving tacos and beer.

Comment

I love tacos and beer too much as well.

Comment

Gomez used to be one of my favorite prospects, but the guy has no discipline, and is lazy. You can loves tacos and beers all you want, but take training seriously.

Comment

needed an idea for breakfast

Comment

Sounds about right. I feel like he caught Jorge Luis Gonzales disease or whatever disease Cuban amateurs get when they turn pro that too often impacts their pro success. Gomez seemed ultra focused & talented as an amateur, but once he got into the pros & I assume got more control as an adult of his life & training & more money he went of the tracks.

Still a fan, but I feel like he'll be a name listed in those unfulfilled potential type threads that pop up based on how his career has moved. Hopefully he'll realize he doesn't have forever & hit the gas soon & change course.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-01-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

He struggled and got busted up by a fighter below the club fighter level in his last fight. Nothing unique, no special effects, average power and skills.

Comment

I still remember when oscar first signed frankie gomez, it was a big deal, oscar was saying this is the guy to beat pacquiao lol, he was always at frankies fights, he was bumping him up hard, especially after the last guy he praised and invested in failed to deliver in victor ortiz, who quit against maidana, now that frankie is wasting his talent, oscar only focuses on canelo.

Frankie weighing over 180 pounds, and doing drugs shows this dude is not going anywhere. He might be another panchito bojado, who also lived that thug life and blew up in weight that was very talented and oscar also pushed as the next great chicano talent. Bojado really fell off, i heard he is pan handling or on welfare now.

Comment

Working...
                    X