No announcement yet.

What if Cotto dominates Foreman at 154? Do you think Arum makes Pac vs Cotto II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    The way how people are speaking it's as though Cotto put out such a pathetic performance that he doesn't deserve a rematch.

Knockdowns are part of the fight and full credit to Pacquiao for getting them however if you take the knockdowns away I'd have Cotto winning both of those fights, as such I'd have him winning the first 6 rounds 5-1.

Getting straight to the point, if it wasn't for the knockdowns he would have had more options going into the second half of the fight.

Providing his body heals, he has what it takes to compete at a high level, just needs to fine tune some things. Rematches have occurred in more one sided fights.
    are you sure you watch the fight...I had cotto winning 1 and 3 but lost it cuz of the knockdowns..maybe 5th or 6th round too but cant remember... after he was just trying to survive the whole fight trying to make it pass the 12th round.

Comment

are you sure you watch the fight...I had cotto winning 1 and 3 but lost it cuz of the knockdowns..maybe 5th or 6th round too but cant remember... after he was just trying to survive the whole fight trying to make it pass the 12th round.
      I took a train back to my parents house so I could watch that fight with certaintity.

The two rounds that he got knocked down in, if it were not for the knockdowns I'd have given them to him, my memory on the fight is a bit hazy now but when I watched it for a second time that is what I thought.

Of course knock downs are a part of the fight, and he deservedly lost those rounds so don't think I'm taking anything away from Pacquiao. It's just that I feel he was able to compete in that fight and that a rematch would still be up in the air depending on how the first half of the fight goes.

Comment

he had round one round 3 with out the kd would have been cotto round 4 in my opinion would have been his 2 and round 5 he hurt pac with an upper but i though pac won the round at the end with his flurry

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          The way how people are speaking it's as though Cotto put out such a pathetic performance that he doesn't deserve a rematch.

Knockdowns are part of the fight and full credit to Pacquiao for getting them however if you take the knockdowns away I'd have Cotto winning both of those fights, as such I'd have him winning the first 6 rounds 5-1.

Getting straight to the point, if it wasn't for the knockdowns he would have had more options going into the second half of the fight.

Providing his body heals, he has what it takes to compete at a high level, just needs to fine tune some things. Rematches have occurred in more one sided fights.
          I totally agree with that!

Comment

I'm really looking foward to Cotto-Foreman
            Foreman dropped and hurt Santos and would like to see how Cotto comes back after that brutal loss.

Comment

Working...
            X