Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the first boxing match you remember watching live?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the first boxing match you remember watching live?

For me, it was Trinidad-Vargas in 2000.

I was just a snot-nosed kid rooting for Fernando.

I remember that fight being packed with action and the result was definitive.

It was a street fight with boxing gloves on. No running, holding, or any spoiler tactics.

A very satisfying and memorable event. I'm feeling some nostalgia thinking about it.

Ali-Liston.

Comment

i have flash backs of one of the tyson/hollyfield, but the one that i remember the most was barrera/hamed

Comment

Trinidad-De La Hoya... the good old days when the entire family used to get together to watch fights.

Comment

Ali liston ewtching it live? Damn how old are you lmao jpjp

Mines prolly one of sugar ray leonards fights with my dad
          But onei can remember clearly was foremans upset win of moorer

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
            For me, it was Trinidad-Vargas in 2000.

I was just a snot-nosed kid rooting for Fernando.

I remember that fight being packed with action and the result was definitive.

It was a street fight with boxing gloves on. No running, holding, or any spoiler tactics.

A very satisfying and memorable event. I'm feeling some nostalgia thinking about it.

I watched that one too. I used to be a Feroz fan, used to do the same duckface thing he did in every photo lol. I also remember getting pumped when he knocked down that brick wall during his entrance.

Vargas was tough though. He gave all the big names all they could handle until he finally broke down. They threw him to the lions too fast IMO.

Comment

Chavez/Camacho

Comment

Oscar vs Mosley 1

Went over to my cousins house I had no idea who Mosley was, and could care less about the fight. I remember screaming my head off the last round lol. Became a huge Oscar fan even though he lost and for years his fights were the only ones I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  i have flash backs of one of the tyson/hollyfield, but the one that i remember the most was barrera/hamed
                  I do remember watching Tyson-Holyfield too... so I guess that becomes the instant first fight for me. I remember our reactions after Tyson had bitten Holyfield's ear too. This thread is making me go back thru memory lane... good times. Jazz-Bulls... PSX... N64... Linkin Park... POD... GamePro.. Electronic Boutique... Digimon... Sticker albums... LOLz my childhood right there.

Comment

Paez-Pendleton

Comment

Working...
                    X