No announcement yet.

my stamina is extremely bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my stamina is extremely bad

I gas out in 1 round, how can I change this quick, it's horrible.

Extensive sparring; light just focus on movement so you don't get permanent damage if you spar let's say 6 rounds a day.

Focus on workrate, mits/heavybag/shadowboxing are also excellent options to increase stamina

Some will say roadwork but to be honest roadwork never helped me increase ring stamina by much but that's just me

Comment

You need to do high-intensity work when you're working in the gym. Go for speed, go for broke, and tire yourself out.

After that, when in the ring, just be sure to stay relaxed. You lose much less energy when you allow yourself to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
        How is your nutrition?

Comment

Nobody has asked how long this guys has been training, his height and weight and overall physical condition...

It takes time to develop stamina. If you are relatively new to sustained, high intensity workouts, you will gas. Assuming you've been training for sometime and you can get through fairly intense workouts without gassing, then you have to look at how you're training along with your technique, habits, level of intensity when sparring.

Comment

So many things could contribute to poor stamina... If you find you can run, jog, do aerobic exercises and not "gas out". Then you're probably not breathing correctly (or at all) when you're sparring/fighting. If you gas out while running, jogging, etc, then it could be anything from nutrition to overall fitness to a medical issue.

*going to smh when I find out op is a smoker*
            Last edited by DIB42; 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

2 months of training, it seems like I have been focusing on just running for long distances and neglected any other sort of cardio exercises.

I will start doing high intensity kettlebell swings for 3 rounds with 1 minute break, this should qualify as a high intensity exercise right?

Comment

2 months of training, it seems like I have been focusing on just running for long distances and neglected any other sort of cardio exercises.

I will start doing high intensity kettlebell swings for 3 rounds with 1 minute break, this should qualify as a high intensity exercise right?
                I don't know if it'd be safe to swing the kettlebell as fast and as often as you'd need to for high intensity.

Just run your heart out for 3 minutes, walk a minute, repeat.

or jump rope or get on the stationary bike and put a lot of tension on it and pedal as fast as you can.

You and I may have different interpretations of what a kettlebell swing is, but if its similar to what I call a kettle bell swing, it could be dangerous trying to use it as a high intensity aerobic exercise.

Comment

Quit being fat

Comment

Tire yourself out in the gym. My coach always tells me that if you are not tired after 1 round on the heavybag it's not because you are in shape, it's because you did not try hard enough.

Of course you don't go wild on the heavybag and ignore technique but try and up the intensity and like I said tire yourself out. Make those lungs and shoulders burn.

Comment

Working...
                    X