Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Im the only one who thinks Kirkland would beat Paul Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Lol If Kirkland is supposedly "ducking" someone, what do you call what Canelo has been doing?

Kirkland has fought Angulo and Molina back to back. He actually went to Mexico to fight Angulo. If he was going to duck anyone, he would've done it a long time ago.

Fact is, you have to fight for the title at some point. The time is now.
    Molina and Lara deserve a shot over Kirkland is a straight up bum the only thing he has is power and it's overrated too he couldn't even KO a gassed out angulo

Comment

Lol If Kirkland is supposedly "ducking" someone, what do you call what Canelo has been doing?

Kirkland has fought Angulo and Molina back to back. He actually went to Mexico to fight Angulo. If he was going to duck anyone, he would've done it a long time ago.

Fact is, you have to fight for the title at some point. The time is now.
      Well yea because first of all he just had suffered an embarrassing tko...And, is not like they could have fought in the U.S anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
        Molina and Lara deserve a shot over Kirkland is a straight up bum the only thing he has is power and it's overrated too he couldn't even KO a gassed out angulo
        If Angulo would have been fighting someone else that night. Angulo probably would have won. He lost because Kirkland is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          Well yea because first of all he just had suffered an embarrassing tko...And, is not like they could have fought in the U.S anyways.
          I'm just saying man, he went to Mexico.

He could've taken the another route to get back on track. The Angulo fight in Mexico wasn't his only option. Or do you think Angulo in Mexico was the only fight available to Kirk?

He could've fought 5 bums like Canelo has been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            If Angulo would have been fighting someone else that night. Angulo probably would have won. He lost because Kirkland is a beast.
            He lost because he had ring rust and gassed after throwing a million punches in the first round...like a said kirkland is a bum and so is angulo lara,molina and canelo would destroy both

Comment

both are come forward/pressure fighters except i think kirkland has a little more pop. i'm going with kirkland.

Comment

I'm just saying man, he went to Mexico.

He could've taken the another route to get back on track. The Angulo fight in Mexico wasn't his only option. Or do you think Angulo in Mexico was the only fight available to Kirk?

He could've fought 5 bums like Canelo has been doing.
                You think fighting 5 bums would have erased the Ishida fight? he fought twice since the Ishida fight, I believe. And, none of those fights erased the Ishida fight.

He needed an Angulo, a Molina, Lara, K9 etc etc. Guys on that level...What options on that level did he have? Who was knocking on his door?

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
                He lost because he had ring rust and gassed after throwing a million punches in the first round...like a said kirkland is a bum and so is angulo lara,molina and canelo would destroy both
                He fought a bum 3 months before fighting Kirkland. And, Angulo knocked that man out in 1 round...Again if Kirkland was a lesser fighter he would have lost. If Kirkland didn't have that it, that intangible, that character, that relentness, determination. He would have gotten knocked out...All those characteristics is what helped him survive that onslaught a lesser man wouldn't have survive. You have to give credit where is due.

Comment

Still two of my favorite guys to watch.

I want to say P-Will is tailor made for Kirk, because all signs point that way.
                  But at this point, both of these guys are unpredictable. I don't think anybody expected the Kirkland that we got against Molina, and a lot of us have mixed feelings about P-Will's last performance as well.

I still want to see this fight happen, I think it'd be hella fun to watch. But I can't blame Kirkland for wanting a slightly bigger fight at this point in his career.

We want to believe P-Will is on the decline, while Kirk is on the rise. Although it might not be that way, realistically.

Comment

Looks like the two aren't negotiating anymore. Team Kirkland is only interested in Canelo and K-9 for the title and rightfully so.
                    IF he think Molina was holding...wait till he gets in there with K-9 LOL. K9 himself is a bit chinny so I can see James getting a stoppage, but yea Kirkland definitely gonna need a healthy shoulder for that Brundrage is rough.

Comment

Tall guys with longer reaches give Kirkland trouble, why do you think Ishida got the drop on him. Watch this fight with Russell Jordan and see how he easily gets tagged with the 1-2 combinations cause he has a harder time getting inside on taller fighters than shorter fighters. Yeah he won but he got tagged too easily by a bum in Jordan and a so so fighter in Ishida.

Not saying he would lose or win but take this factor into account that Paul Williams is at least 6'3,6'4 with a long ass reach even though he doesnt fight tall. So I wouldnt be surprised if he gets tko'd by Williams or if Kirkland kos Williams for not fighting tall like he should. But I do know Kirkland will get hit at will by Williams.

Comment

Working...
                      X