No announcement yet.

Attn Biased Nuthuggers- about Roy Jones Jr : HE IS SHOT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
    Roy isn't totally shot dude. Totally shot fighters can't do what Roy has done in patches over his last 3 fights. He is massively faded obviously, but not completely done yet.

I think you might get a little surprise at Roy's performance against Joe.
    Hate to break it to you, kid. Roy as an elite, dignified fighter is done. He showed what he could do in his prime in that first round, but he has no legs left and minimal reflexes. He is done.

Felix Trinidad is just as done. Roy didn't even need to use his reflexes in that fight. Not to mention that Felix looked like a balloon, he clearly doesn't belong at 170. Badi Ajamu (or w/e) and Anthony Hanshaw are not elite fighters.

Comment

he is about 20% of his former self at best. that is good enough to beat some decent fighters. but cant compete with the elite anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
        Hate to break it to you, kid. Roy as an elite, dignified fighter is done. He showed what he could do in his prime in that first round, but he has no legs left and minimal reflexes. He is done.

Felix Trinidad is just as done. Roy didn't even need to use his reflexes in that fight. Not to mention that Felix looked like a balloon, he clearly doesn't belong at 170. Badi Ajamu (or w/e) and Anthony Hanshaw are not elite fighters.
        You are right dude, I was being overly optimistic when I typed that post.

As I got closer to fight night I slowly became more positive. I think that was just my hope fooling me to be honest.

I remember posting a few months back when the fight was signed that Roy was totally shot and it meant nothing, I think I always believed this. Still, all the other Roy huggers going on about him being back did slowly start to wear me down I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
          Lol.

I wish I had something like this to fall back on
          Hey it's fun being right. Pretty much all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
            he is about 20% of his former self at best. that is good enough to beat some decent fighters. but cant compete with the elite anymore.
            Just thought I'd remind idiots why Joe beating Roy didn't mean JACK ****.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post

i'd put up shots of tarver iii but frankly everything in that fight other than round 4-5-11 are lowlights for roy.

Incidentally this is the last time roy fought anyone in the top 10 legitimate at llt. Heavy. How many years ago was this?

In conclusion, joe gets no credit for this fight. He deserves a nice payday and a nice ride off to the sunset, but this does not make him an atg or greater than jones.

If you think so please change your all time standing and put

leon spinks above ali

mcbride over tyson

gomez over gatti

lujan over castillo

etc.

Before any of you get angry, i am not implying joe is as bad as kevin mcbride.

ya'll mustve forgot

Comment

Working...
              X