No announcement yet.

Is Khan an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    Based on your definition, Danny Garcia is elite. Also, that makes Vanes, Brian Magee, Cleverly, Judah (he is past his best days), Hank Lundy, and Vicente Escobedo elite.

Aside from Manny, who got TKO twice, and Martinez TKO from Tony, they earned elite status during their career. Guys like Floyd, Ward, Gamboa prove they are elite beating guys like Prescott convincingly and not being bullied and almost KO by a robot like Chino. Go and look how Cotto fought Margarito the second time and compared that to the Petterson fight. Two different ways of fighting from the back foot and fighting smart inside and moving effectively.

He can become elite, but he is not elite right now, IMO.
    Nope...that's actually the definition used in the Oxford English dictionary. If you want to make new meanings for words then you're talking to the wrong guy here.

Currently Garcia is one of the top guys at 140 whether he stays there is another question. Khan's fought top 10 fighters @ 140 for the past 4 years and he's only 25 to say that he's not among the elite in his division is simply ******ed.

I know recently people have started associating the word elite with some unattainable mythical **** that only the immortal can achieve, going by that logic only a one or two fighters are elite in the world and to me that's bull****.

Comment

No, but he could be within 2 fights.

Comment

Hell no. His chin sucks and he runs too much.

Comment

Originally posted by itchum77 View Post
          I have noticed lately that Amir Khan has said both Danny Garcia and Kell Brook are not elite fighters. This made me wonder whether Khan is even an Elite fighter himself?

Personally, I don't think so.

What are your thoughts?

If he didn't have a glass jaw. He could be top 10 active fighters now.

but there's a count down till the glass jaw shatters and he does the chicken dance again....

Comment

Originally posted by itchum77 View Post
            I have noticed lately that Amir Khan has said both Danny Garcia and Kell Brook are not elite fighters. This made me wonder whether Khan is even an Elite fighter himself?

Personally, I don't think so.

What are your thoughts?
            Depending on the definition of elite, i would say yes, as you can put khan in with anyone and youd wonder what would happen, even if you have khan losing.

Khan vs Floyd would be interesting and you picture many scenarios of what would happen, as with Khan and Paac.

YOu dont automatically say Pac would stop him and things like that and khan would be fave against most people he faces.

Comment

Hell to the No

Comment

in conclusion to this thread and after the events of tonight i think it can be safely said that khan is nowhere near Elite status. So khan should stop saying other fighters are not elite when he gets knocked senseless by them

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  FUK NO!

Not even in his Division, he has ELITE TALENT though! but I think he is with the Wrong Trainer to show him how to use that ELITE TALENT as far as his Speed and how to TRULY BOX and take advantage of his SIZE and Reach Advantage over most in his Division

Roach is good with Brawlers...NOT BOXERS, under Roach...Khan is very WILD, his defense is still HORRIBLE, he cannot fight inside to save his life, his stamina is AVERAGE at best (he is backing up and running to the Cards by the 6th Round)

I personally think Khan should have Adam Booth as his TRAINER, but he is with Roach for the Fame...Khan will end up like Jorge Linares IMO if he stays with Freddie Roach

I stand correct! Props To Me hahaha

I said he need to get rid of Roach before this fight and I think last night confirmed that Roach is a horrible fit for Khan just like he was a Horrible Fit for Jorge Linares, these guys are win Roach to boost their FAME...Not because he is a good train, but because he is a Popular Trainer because he Trains Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                  X