Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather vs Cotto Change Your Opinion on Mayweather vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather vs Cotto Change Your Opinion on Mayweather vs Pacquiao?

For those who've been on the fence, or those maybe who did have a winner decided already, did Mayweather vs Cotto sway you in a different direction to who wins that fight?
    Yes
    28.65%
    No
    71.35%

Of course not, usually fights never change my mind. Always felt Floyd would beat Manny and beat him rather easily. Still feel that way.

Comment

For about 4 years now I have been saying Mayweather beats Pac. I can't lie this fight made me have some doubts.

Only because I think we saw the beginning of the decline of Floyd Mayweather. That doesn't mean he's done or past it but I do think the decline has started and what surprised me more than anything was how he couldn't move his feet as fast as he once did.

I know there are some that say he looked exactly the same as he did vs Ortiz and Mosley but there's no way. He could avoid the jab with his feet and he wasn't able to do that against Cotto.

Not taking any credit away from Cotto but if Cotto can land the left that way, it might open things for Pac even though I understand styles make fights.

Pac's movement, speed, power and being a lefty might cause Mayweather some serious trouble.

Comment

Pacquiao can't fight inside...SO NO!

Comment

i think manny fight with marquez is more of an indication of how a potential fight between the two will go. im pretty confident that if floyd hasnt completely declined, pac isnt beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            For those who've been on the fence, or those maybe who did have a winner decided already, did Mayweather vs Cotto sway you in a different direction to who wins that fight?
            Any doubts that Mayweather would not knock Pacquiao out were erased.I'm convinced he will be too fast and too slick for Pacquiao. The way Mayweather beat Cotto with one hand just showed how good he is and also Pacquiao forced Cotto to weigh 145lbs (not even 147 but 145) yet he was willing to fight Margarito at 150lbs.I've no doubt Mayweather is on another level

Comment

Manny is no match for Floyd, Martinez has a much better chance against FMJ

Comment

Nope, Mayweather dominates that fight.

Cotto's style is one that gave him a chance; he was the bigger man, has a great jab, likes to pressure and be on the inside - Manny is none of these things. He's wild, wide open to counters and punches while off balance, not good things to take into a fight with Mayweather.

Comment

No.

Still think Mayweather beats him with relative ease.

Comment

Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
                    who knows styles makes fight, one thing though it just shows that when you fight a lackluster competition consecutively, this will eventually show against a solid fighter.imo.
                    Dude you sound stupid.
                    Mayweather has fought the best.

The only guys he didn't fight were Bob Arum fighters. (Pac,Margarito,Clottey)
                    He beat your boy cotto at his weight so give the man credit.

You can't question mayweather's resume .
                    Mayweather has beat 18 world champions dumb a$$.

Comment

Working...
                    X