No announcement yet.

I think Garcia's punchers chance is better than most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Garcia's punchers chance is better than most

I personally want to see this fight, because the buildup will be fun. Lets face it, Mayweathers next fight no matter who it is, will be a hard sell. The man is too good for his own good. No one is touching him at the moment.

I think there are fighters who have a <5% punchers chance and I would put Garcia near the top of that list. It's almost his style to wait and try and hit a jackpot, and the kid can really punch, his style is based on throwing and landing powerful hooks, and he does it with surprising accuracy. He would most likely get taken apart and stopped late, but I think his punchers chance is better than most.

Floyd's defense negates "punchers chances".

If you don't have the skills, footwork, speed, stamina and reflexes to complete with him don't bother.

Comment

He is the best option at the moment but I wouldn't put myself out to watch it personally.

I hope Khan can beat Alexander though. Just because Floyd fighting in Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 people Summer 2014 is a no brainer. He deserves a stage like that and realistically there is no way that Mayweather wont win that fight by stoppage. It would be something different at least - aside from him outclassing another foe at in Vegas.

I think the event itself is going to have to be what sells his upcoming fights. It would be a huge event.

The only way he loses is if he fights at 160. Even then I wouldn't bank on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Floyd's defense negates "punchers chances".

If you don't have the skills, footwork, speed, stamina and reflexes to complete with him don't bother.
        Yeah but no one does, that's the point, it would have taken someone great all round to compete on a round by round basis. Someone like Pernell.

Comment

Danny made a new fan out of me last night but let's be real his style is all wrong for Floyd. Mayweather would pick Danny apart all night, too fast too quick and Danny won't be able to land since Danny like the telegraph almost all his power punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            He is the best option at the moment but I wouldn't put myself out to watch it personally.

I hope Khan can beat Alexander though. Just because Floyd fighting in Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 people Summer 2014 is a no brainer. He deserves a stage like that and realistically there is no way that Mayweather wont win that fight by stoppage. It would be something different at least - aside from him outclassing another foe at in Vegas.

I think the event itself is going to have to be what sells his upcoming fights. It would be a huge event.

The only way he loses is if he fights at 160. Even then I wouldn't bank on it.
            Yeah Khan-Mayweather is a huge event, similar to Canelo in the sense that it will bring casual fans and huge numbers, without the intrigue though. It would be huge at Wembley. Floyd should really fight there, I think he should fight at Wembley and headline MSG before he retires, they would be real strings on is bow.

Khan needs to beat Devon though, until then it's not worth discussing.

Comment

Danny has no chance, are you guys being real? Pacquaio, Khan, Golovkin, Thurman, Lara are some fights I want him to be in.

Danny, Lucas or any other would just be beaten as the shoulder roll is so boring but effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                Danny made a new fan out of me last night but let's be real his style is all wrong for Floyd. Mayweather would pick Danny apart all night, too fast too quick and Danny won't be able to land since Danny like the telegraph almost all his power punches.
                Wrong skill set to compete I agree. But to hit a home run? No one has much of a chance, but he is more dangerous than most because he loads up and throws to hurt people, he invests in that.

Comment

Garcia's puncher's chance doesn't amount to much honestly. Matts was able to absorb whatever DG could dish out and managed to survive with a swollen eye. Floyd has shown a good chin, an great defense, and cat-like speed/reflexes. Garcia is also a counter-puncher too, so I think he'll fight similar to Canelo and get touched up a lot because Floyd won't have much respect for him.

I'm not saying the fight shouldn't happen, but we pretty much know the end result. As long as GBP creates a solid under-card...

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                    Lara.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X