Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Sees Martinez's Speed as Sergio's Biggest Weapon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody has pressured sergio like a young margarito and i think he'll have his hands full w/ jccjr. williams had his moments w/ sergio but he was too open, and assuming junior avoids doing a paul williams, sergio's in for a tough fight.

Comment

I see martinez' footwork being the biggest factor

Comment

maravilla is no tomato can. he will give "i want to be like my dad" vez jr a boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
          nobody has pressured sergio like a young margarito and i think he'll have his hands full w/ jccjr. williams had his moments w/ sergio but he was too open, and assuming junior avoids doing a paul williams, sergio's in for a tough fight.
          I think that Jr is to slow to pressure Sergio. The Sergio that got pressured with stone gloves in Margarita is not the same Sergio right now. He's much better. And I think after catch a couple of blinding left straights, Jr will be reluctant to throw punches, and u can tell by Jr's last fight that he can not box sergio, and if he tries he will probably get knocked out, because I think yall underestimate Sergio's power also. The man will show the world

Comment

Chavez Jr has a good chance of beating Martinez, due to his size, he is definitely bigger than Martinez. Also Chavez does work the body pretty well, he is a bit slow but it does look like he puts alot of power behind those body punches. Martinez will definitely have to use the ring on Chavez and not get worked to the body to be successful. If he can keep connecting on Chavez for several rounds, I think Chavez will start folding in the later rounds due to his size and lack of conditioning.

Comment

Youth vs elderly

The mind of the elderly is I can still do it but his body betrays HIM.

One is getting better by leaps and bounds and not hit his potential YET

the other has hit his peak:

1. He cannot get faster

2. His skills are what they are and the best they can do is erode

3. His reflexes have hit their peak and the best they can do is erode.

Size is and C. Jrs great chin plus youth and getting much better each fight vs the elderly, the best is to hold what he has , can he do it ?

More likely we will see him erode like he did a bit in his last fight but worse this time.

Chavez by KO

Comment

Chavez blowing up 25 lbs on fight night will finally catch up to him once he is chasing and getting tagged by punches he can't see... Sergio wins by TKO...

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  On the 15th of September, a 47th will try and a 47th will fail.
                  well,Vanda tried twice,so this would be 46th

Comment

IF this fight actually happens,Sergio by KO or TKO (corner stoppage)

Comment

I'll go with one shot KO power as his biggest weapon.

Comment

Working...
                      X