No announcement yet.

Batman is gay?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
    I think any human has the right to do anything they want. Now would i attend that wedding? No
    Thats not the question....should governments allow gays to marry like str8s?

Its a simple yes or no question

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Stealing is wrong because it is depriving the rightful owner of something with no recompense. That was easy. Now why is ****sexuality wrong?
      If you do not know why ****sexuality is wrong (which I know you do) then you need help.

To do so I would first have to explain the Darwinian model of survival of the fittest and I have already done so numerous times without it penetrating your superstitious stubbornness.

The short answer is that non-reproducing full siblings carry the same proportions of shared genes as first generation offspring so it is not an evolutionary disadvantage (from a genetic perspective) to have siblings that do not reproduce but who assist in caring for the next generation.

****sexuality is also not just a genetic phenomenon and is subject to environmental factors (in utero you clueless twat, read a book) and is therefore not entirely beholden to changes in frequency in the gene pool.
      This is a bunch of hogwash and a very poor/lame attempt at avoiding my question with a direct answer.

How very social darwinist of you.
      Realistic is the word I would choose.

There was no attempt to justify anything. ****sexuality is natural and is observed in innumerable species. Unlike you, I assign no value judgement to ****sexuality. I'm not saying that gayness is a good thing. I'm just saying it's a thing.
      Yes there was an attempt to justify it, and many things are natural like being born deaf or blind, that does not make it ok. And you do not need to assign any value judgement because it is just about universally understood until now, that it is not right. And you are not saying gayness is a good thing, because it is not, and just because it happens does not mean you have to support it. How about looking for a solution to make gay people straight, so they can lead normal lives?

Well a stopped clock is right twice a day.
      The clock is right twice a day

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        If you do not know why ****sexuality is wrong (which I know you do) then you need help.
        I needed no help explaining why stealing was wrong. So far your reasoning for ****sexuality being wrong is "it just is" and you have been unable to put it into words. If you could explain it you would have, so the obvious conclusion is that you have no reason at all beyond "holy babble" and "it's icky", neither of which are valid.

This is a bunch of hogwash and a very poor/lame attempt at avoiding my question with a direct answer.
        I gave an answer as to why it is not "wrong" from a Darwinian perspective. Obviously you read the first part of the response (where I indicated that you would not understand it anyway) and then either ignored or didn't understand the second where I gave a brief explanation.

Realistic is the word I would choose.
        That's because you're a social darwinist.

Yes there was an attempt to justify it, and many things are natural like being born deaf or blind, that does not make it ok.
        It's a little strange likening physical disabilities with ****sexuality. The two are not comparable.

But I also note that you're not saying "paralysis is just wrong, it's obvious and needs no explanation as to why it's wrong."

You're not making moral judgments about blindness, you're not suggesting that deaf partners are "defiling the sanctity of marriage".

If physical disabilities are a valid comparison to ****sexuality then why do you not have a comparable attitude to them?

And you do not need to assign any value judgement because it is just about universally understood until now, that it is not right.
        You still never said why. If it's so universal you should easily be able to explain it just as I was able to explain why theft was bad.

And you are not saying gayness is a good thing, because it is not, and just because it happens does not mean you have to support it.
        I'm not saying that ****sexuality is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is a fact of life. I think that happiness is a good thing, and that reducing the hatred and misery in the world is a good thing. Being accepting of gay people and their partnerships reduces the misery and increases the level of happiness in the world.

What possible reason could you have for wanting to reduce the level of happiness in the wold?

How about looking for a solution to make gay people straight, so they can lead normal lives?
        Making gay people straight is not possible and as you have so far been unable to explain what is wrong with being gay it isn't even necessarily desirable. On the other hand if you stop being a bigot then you can be a part of a solution to make gay people not pariahs so they can lead normal lives.

Comment

Working...
        X