Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else a fan of In The Thick Of It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else a fan of In The Thick Of It?

This is the only British TV show that I watch, and is one of the best comedies of the past few years.

It's probably the only show in history that was good enough to keep going strong after the lead actor was put in prison for looking at kiddie ****.

For those who don't know of it, it's a comedy satire, set around the life of a government minister, complete with regular fuck ups and attempts at 'spin'.

The best character is, of course Malcolm Tucker:

Malcolm Tucker meets a fat Yank:

Comment

Aye, tis' funny.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the writer Armando Iannucci (who is actually Scottish)

He wrote great shows like The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge and Time Trumpet.

Did you see the film he made last year ?

It's called In The Loop, very funny.

Last edited by The RealDeal; 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Malcolm Tucker meets a fat Yank:

That was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            This is the only British TV show that I watch, and is one of the best comedies of the past few years.

It's probably the only show in history that was good enough to keep going strong after the lead actor was put in prison for looking at kiddie ****.

For those who don't know of it, it's a comedy satire, set around the life of a government minister, complete with regular fuck ups and attempts at 'spin'.

The best character is, of course Malcolm Tucker:
            Absolutely love it mate.
            To be fair i caught on to this a bit late, watched In the Loop last year which i thought was easily the best comedy of the year and then the new series. A mate has just copied me the first series so i'm looking forward to that.

Peter Capaldi is immense as Malcom Tucker, when he loses it his face actually changes colour and he fires spittle across the screen, the thing i love most about his character is that he's such a joyless ****. Even when his scheming and manipulation go his way he doesn't seem to take any pleasure, he just has the 2 emotions angry and angrier.

Comment

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post
              I'm a big fan of the writer Armando Iannucci (who is actually Scottish)

He wrote great shows like The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge and Time Trumpet.

Did you see the film he made last year ?

It's called In The Loop, very funny.

Have you watched any of the series Brass Eye mate, not sure if its Armando Iannucci, but if you liked The Day Today you'll love Brass Eye.

Iannucci was also executive producer on Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle which is quite good, not as good as his stand up, but worth a watch.

Comment

Working...
              X