Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's Roger with his gasoline and matches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordVoldemort View Post
    great win by manny, but yeah hatton just charged in same as he always does, but no way did i think manny would annihilate him like that

even if ricky had boxed he would have got beaten down, it just would have taken longer

but yeah he really accelerated his fate by rushing in
    Roach said it before the fight "as soon as he gets hit he goes back to the same old Hatton". What was crazy was how spot on Roach was with that right hook he made Pacquiao practice over and over on 24/7 so he could see it. That guy is now easily the #1 trainer in the world "I let them see everything because I feel like there's nothing Ricky can do about it." - Roach. That's the ether.

Comment

Originally posted by LordVoldemort View Post
      great win by manny, but yeah hatton just charged in same as he always does, but no way did i think manny would annihilate him like that

even if ricky had boxed he would have got beaten down, it just would have taken longer

but yeah he really accelerated his fate by rushing in
      Roach said it before the fight "as soon as he gets hit he goes back to the same old Hatton". What was crazy was how spot on Roach was with that right hook he made Pacquiao practice over and over on 24/7 so he could see it. That guy is now easily the #1 trainer in the world "I let them see everything because I feel like there's nothing Ricky can do about it." - Roach. That's the ether.

Comment

No. That was the same Hatton as Mayweather and Malignaggi. Note in the first seconds how he initially was able to be a bit effective and then pacquiao found him out. Pacquiao just does that to people lately..... I think he's >>>> Mayweather.

Comment

Hatton should of had Roger as a trainer, and why didn't Hatton go to the body more?

Comment

Floyd Jr. said Hatton had nothing left after he beat him, he said, "I took everything out of him when I KO'd him", but I didn't want to believe it... Why?

Well, I didn't want to believe that Pacquiao was being spoon-fed another past it fighter after the De La Hoya fiasco, simply because it would sound like an excuse, but after seeing Hatton fight with no jab, no head movement, no snap, no foot speed, using no angles, and display none of the tools that got Hatton this far, I am left with no alternative other than Floyd Jr. and Freddie Roach were right when they said, "He's got nothing left".

I even ignored it when Lazcano stunned Hatton after his loss to Floyd Jr. I blamed it on Hatton not having his confidence in his trainer anymore, or wanting to put on a "show" for his homecoming and being careless.

I looked at him when he fought Malignaggi, he seemed weak, but I assumed it was because he was trying to be more careful, and not loading up on his punches. His punch resistance was proven to have taken a dive when he was stunned by Lazcano, but it was also a bad sign when just a few jabs from Paulie left Hatton's face bruised and swollen.

I'm giving FULL credit to Freddie Roach for picking up on all these nuances that I, and many people thinking Hatton had a chance, simply didn't see... or simply ignored.

Pacquiao proved to be a fighter that you MUST come game and ready for. You must be on top game to beat him, such as Morales, or in your absolute prime condition, such as Marquez.

I have elevated Pacquiao up from a fighter who I said can't beat prime fighters, but only faces washed up fighters, to a fighter who CAN beat prime fighters, but is being fed washed up fighters by his coach, Roach.

I'm greatly looking forward to Mayweather vs Pacquiao, but I am not letting this win over Hatton cloud the reality that Mayweather is a much better fighter and he will not leave his jab, head movement, work rate, speed, defense and chin in the gym...

I called Hatton vs Pacquiao, the battle of the leftovers, and Pacquiao won the battle with flying colors.

So all I can say now is...

Bring on Mayweather vs Pacquiao!

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro USA View Post
                Floyd Jr. said Hatton had nothing left after he beat him, he said, "I took everything out of him when I KO'd him", but I didn't want to believe it... Why?

Well, I didn't want to believe that Pacquiao was being spoon-fed another past it fighter after the De La Hoya fiasco, simply because it would sound like an excuse, but after seeing Hatton fight with no jab, no head movement, no snap, no foot speed, using no angles, and display none of the tools that got Hatton this far, I am left with no alternative other than Floyd Jr. and Freddie Roach were right when they said, "He's got nothing left".

I even ignored it when Lazcano stunned Hatton after his loss to Floyd Jr. I blamed it on Hatton not having his confidence in his trainer anymore, or wanting to put on a "show" for his homecoming and being careless.

I looked at him when he fought Malignaggi, he seemed weak, but I assumed it was because he was trying to be more careful, and not loading up on his punches. His punch resistance was proven to have taken a dive when he was stunned by Lazcano, but it was also a bad sign when just a few jabs from Paulie left Hatton's face bruised and swollen.

I'm giving FULL credit to Freddie Roach for picking up on all these nuances that I, and many people thinking Hatton had a chance, simply didn't see... or simply ignored.

Pacquiao proved to be a fighter that you MUST come game and ready for. You must be on top game to beat him, such as Morales, or in your absolute prime condition, such as Marquez.

I have elevated Pacquiao up from a fighter who I said can't beat prime fighters, but only faces washed up fighters, to a fighter who CAN beat prime fighters, but is being fed washed up fighters by his coach, Roach.

I'm greatly looking forward to Mayweather vs Pacquiao, but I am not letting this win over Hatton cloud the reality that Mayweather is a much better fighter and he will not leave his jab, head movement, work rate, speed, defense and chin in the gym...

I called Hatton vs Pacquiao, the battle of the leftovers, and Pacquiao won the battle with flying colors.

So all I can say now is...

Bring on Mayweather vs Pacquiao!

There is an interview with Freddie that says something similar; that Floyd took the best out of Ricky and hasn't been the same.

But even still, Hatton got KTFO in quick fashion tonight and I was impressed with the way Pac looked both Physically and technically. He somehow has gotten better both physically and technically with age which is rare and a credit to him and his team.
                But I'll hold off a bit of the praise given the opponents and we'll see what happens with different styled fighters. But I'm just looking at him solely and not the opponent.
                Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-03-2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                  There is an interview with Freddie that says something similar; that Floyd took the best out of Ricky and hasn't been the same.

But even still, Hatton got KTFO in quick fashion tonight and I was impressed with the way Pac looked both Physically and technically. He somehow has gotten better both physically and technically with age which is rare and a credit to him and his team.
                  But I'll hold off a bit of the praise given the opponents and we'll see what happens with different styled fighters. But I'm just looking at him solely and not the opponent.
                  Yes, I saw that interview on youtube where Roach says that Hatton is finished as a fighter. I just didn't want to believe Roach was trying to pull another "De la hoya". I though he had more pride than that.

I'm not sure if Pacquiao has improved. We all thought Hatton would be explosive out there, but he looked dry and weak, even worse than he looked against Lazcano utilizing no head or body movement at all, with no defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X