Collapse
No announcement yet.

What an amazing fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post! That's the way I see it, I don't think it was a robbery since the fight was too close. Can't wait for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Great fight.

Two elite fighters for me boxing at their best.

You can have an opinion on the scoring but to call it a robbery is actually a bit disrespectful. It is not like we are spoiled with good fights either. 2016 has been a horrific year of inactivity and mismatched fights. In my head until yesterday I was going to remember Gary Russell Jr vs Patrick Hyland as the gold standard to remind me of what a terrible year of fights there have been. With any named fighter moving hell and high water to arrange a fight with their window cleaner.

Thank God for these two. We just need to clamour for the rematch and as a result hope both guys are soundly remunerated for it and actually risking a defeat. But the way boxing goes that is not a guarentee.
      Great post and I agree. Among all the dirt, we get this diamond of a fight and people just refuse to appreciate it because they don't like Ward...

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
        Good post! That's the way I see it, I don't think it was a robbery since the fight was too close. Can't wait for the rematch.
        I think people are mad about the result because they're so tired of seeing the "white hopes" or "nonblack hopes" get destroyed by black fighters... Lewis defeated Vitali, SRL defeated Duran, Mayweather defeated Pacquiao, Crawford defeated Postol, now Ward defeated Kovalev and I can't even begin to imagine their reactions if Walters beats Lomachenko and Jacobs beats Golovkin, lol.

Comment

I agreed with everything said in this thread, need more posters like yall guys

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
            I agreed with everything said in this thread, need more posters like yall guys
            I'm glad that some boxing fans still got some sense left.

Comment

jesus man did i see a different fight to everyone else? It wasnt a stinker but it was by no means that great was it. Very few clean shots other than jabs, it was a high quality affair and it was good to see two top fighters in there but i dont know how people are like 'wow great fight'. Some of the mid rounds were seriously dull, livened up a bit towards the end. And to me, the scorecards left a sour taste, more cause of the predictability of it all.

Comment

I'm not sure any fight can be considered great if one man lands 126 punches and the other 116. I enjoyed it but there were some messy dull rounds and not enough sustained action.

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                  I think people are mad about the result because they're so tired of seeing the "white hopes" or "nonblack hopes" get destroyed by black fighters... Lewis defeated Vitali, SRL defeated Duran, Mayweather defeated Pacquiao, Crawford defeated Postol, now Ward defeated Kovalev and I can't even begin to imagine their reactions if Walters beats Lomachenko and Jacobs beats Golovkin, lol.
                  Leonard lost the first fight...Manny is not white nor is Duran....Ward's father was a white Irish man. Walters isn't african and Jacobs was KO'd by Pirog.

Kill yourself you racist fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                    I'm not sure any fight can be considered great if one man lands 126 punches and the other 116. I enjoyed it but there were some messy dull rounds and not enough sustained action.
                    think people were so desperate for it to be seen as 'a night where boxing delivers' that they were going to say its great whatever. it was enjoyable for me to watch of course, cause i was so hyped and i know both guys well. if people are going to be objective about it and if you didnt know who the fighters were, it objectively was a pretty uneventful fight. most the casuals over here said it was boring so i think people are kidding themselves when they say it was a 'great fight'

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      think people were so desperate for it to be seen as 'a night where boxing delivers' that they were going to say its great whatever. it was enjoyable for me to watch of course, cause i was so hyped and i know both guys well. if people are going to be objective about it and if you didnt know who the fighters were, it objectively was a pretty uneventful fight. most the casuals over here said it was boring so i think people are kidding themselves when they say it was a 'great fight'
                      It was more one for the purists and fanatics rather than the casual boxing fan. It was intriguing throughout just not terribly exciting. Genuinely great fights have to be more exciting than this one. Galindez-Kates, Saad Muhammad-Lopez, Adamek-Briggs are examples of properly great light-heavyweight fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X