Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: People In MMA - Stop Piggybacking Off My Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd get used to it, it's the UFC's current formula for success!!

Comment

B1tch stop crying.

Comment

Why? It keeps you relevant and makes people remember how good you are

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Damn!!! I just remembered who the hell is this guy fighting to get all this recognition? I dont even know this guy Alvarez I thought they were talking about Canelo!
          Bwahah, ok.. You don't know who Alvarez is because you don't follow MMA but you know McGregor because he is the bigest combat sports star in the world! Let me tell you some facts for everyone saying McGregor is piggybacking

- McGregor has now headlined 5 PPVs, his first 5 PPV numbers are 54% bigger than Floyds first 5

- McGregors first 5 PPVs are ONLY 14% smaller than Floyds LAST 5 PPVs (That includes the 4.4M Manny fight numbers) and Conor is trending up with every fight

- UFC 205 the card McGregor just headlined generated 14 Billion searches on google, more than anything Floyds fights have done

- McGregor searches in the last month have generated more on Google trends than Floyd had gotten for the months surrounding the Manny fight which was his highest ever.

- Conor who recently turned 28 is out earning Floyd at 28 (2005, 3 fights)

These are all facts, plain and simple. So for anybody to claim that Conor is piggybacking off of Mayweather, thats just not true. Do I think Conor will someday be making 100M+ a fight? Maybe but I doubt it, but I do think He will out do Mayweather in total PPV buys, with a lot less PPV fights. He has already done over 50% of Floyds total PPV numbers with 10 less PPVs (5/15)

Comment

Nobody is piggybacking off u Floyd. And only McGregor is asked about u. U didn't help much either when u said u would only come back to fight him. Stop gassing yourself up Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              Bwahah, ok.. You don't know who Alvarez is because you don't follow MMA but you know McGregor because he is the bigest combat sports star in the world! Let me tell you some facts for everyone saying McGregor is piggybacking

- McGregor has now headlined 5 PPVs, his first 5 PPV numbers are 54% bigger than Floyds first 5

- McGregors first 5 PPVs are ONLY 14% smaller than Floyds LAST 5 PPVs (That includes the 4.4M Manny fight numbers) and Conor is trending up with every fight

- UFC 205 the card McGregor just headlined generated 14 Billion searches on google, more than anything Floyds fights have done

- McGregor searches in the last month have generated more on Google trends than Floyd had gotten for the months surrounding the Manny fight which was his highest ever.

These are all facts, plain and simple. So for anybody to claim that Conor is piggybacking off of Mayweather, thats just not true. Do I think Conor will someday be making 100M+ a fight? Maybe but I doubt it, but I do think He will out do Mayweather in total PPV buys, with a lot less PPV fights. He has already done over 50% of Floyds total PPV numbers with 10 less PPVs (5/15)
              Damn. Good post man. Green incoming

Comment

14 billion, you think?

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  14 billion, you think?
                  Yup, it was cited by a MMA website a few hours ago, Google analytics and Google trends give out all their figures.

The points I mentioned are just a few of a number of stats I'm compiling for an article I'm writing.

Again, I'm hoping(and fairly certain) this fight never happens because it's a disservice to both MMA and Boxing, but I think it's ridiculous for Floyd to say Conor's piggybacking when Floyd started the rumours

Comment

Yup, it was cited by a MMA website a few hours ago, Google analytics and Google trends give out all their figures.

The points I mentioned are just a few of a number of stats I'm compiling for an article I'm writing.

Again, I'm hoping(and fairly certain) this fight never happens because it's a disservice to both MMA and Boxing, but I think it's ridiculous for Floyd to say Conor's piggybacking when Floyd started the rumours
                    GIGO, my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      GIGO, my dude.
                      You're probably right about GIGO regarding the 14B, it's kind of irrelevant given the other pieces of info tho

Comment

Working...
                      X