No announcement yet.

Garcia: I'd fight Crawford right now if Top Rank would let me walk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia: I'd fight Crawford right now if Top Rank would let me walk

Im surprised no one has listed this. I like the fight though Mike has been out of the ring for awhile. Still think he gives Crawford a good fight. Here it is

In the news front of inactive fighters, Mikey Garcia sits down with FightHype to talk a little about his status in boxing limbo. Garcia, who has been in a promotional dispute with Top Rank for what feels like forever now, says he'd be willing to face upcoming star Terence Crawford right now if Top Rank would allow him to walk afterwards.

I love it. I love it so much that I'm now channeling my inner Dwight Schrute: "Say yes, Bob. Three. Two. One. Say it. Yes. Yes. Yes."

Unfortunately Bob Arum is unlikely to agree to such terms. Mikey Garcia says Arum would require him signing a multiple fight deal to make a fight like that, which would effectively be like signing a contact extension with a company he wants ever so badly to be rid of. Garcia even says that Top Rank hasn't mentioned a fight for him in a very long time, which means he could continue to remain on the sidelines indefinitely, unless he can get the courts to intervene in the meanwhile.

Thoughts
    Last edited by Fetta; 10-29-2015, 04:03 PM.

Mikey is too small. He would get killed

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Im surprised no one has listed this. I like the fight though Mike has been out of the ring for awhile. Still think he gives Crawford a good fight

Thoughts
      he's chatting ****

Comment

DAmn MIkey......P4P fighter turned nobody smh. He shoulda just fought till his contract over

Comment

Originally posted by chaposinaloa View Post
          Mikey is too small. He would get killed
          That si possible. IDK what he has been doing but i hope he has been doing some in gym fights similar to what the pros did back in the day.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          he's chatting ****
          Still wanna see it and if its true Arum isnt offering any fights till he signs an extension then this is a way to do a big fight and rid himself of Garcia and vice versa.

Comment

Mikey was an excellent fighter.

He isn't anymore. I don't care how much he has sparred or whatever. He has been out of the ring for 2 years. Crawford would destroy him.

Comment

Please top rank let him go so this dueche bag can get KTFO!
              Mikey Garcia you deserve all this greedy bastard. Fight th fawking contract that you signed and move on. This isn't the nfl

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Please top rank let him go so this dueche bag can get KTFO!
                Mikey Garcia you deserve all this greedy bastard. Fight th fawking contract that you signed and move on. This isn't the nfl
                If true they arent offering any fights till he signs an extension

Comment

This guy could of been pfp #1 in the world, chose to go to court over nothing instead.

HBO and TR were about to give him everything, he was about to be there guy with Pacquiao on his way out.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    This guy could of been pfp #1 in the world, chose to go to court over nothing instead.

HBO and TR were about to give him everything, he was about to be there guy with Pacquiao on his way out.
                    I really don't think he can be P4P no.1, or even close. He was almost out-muscled by Salido and his best win is probably Martinez, who's a good fighter but Burns already beat a better version of him. I think Garcia got so much hype after his Juanma and Martinez wins, he started to think of himself as some sort of star. He isn't and wasn't.

Good fighter, greater ego, **** career now.

Comment

Working...
                    X