Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boring" fighters you enjoy watching? Or "exciting fighters you don't enjoy watching?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather, hopkins, dawson and ward all get called boring although hopkins is the only one i can understand.

still love to watch him fight though, the other 3 even more, probably my favorite fighters to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      I've only watched a few of his fights but he looked better when pressuring in the particular videos I viewed.

I agree, Roberto Duran, MAB, Joe Frazier. Can watch it all day. However, Hagler might be my favourite fighter to watch ever. Amazing Boxer, great at applying pressure, very versatile, rock solid and under-rated power. Some of his knockouts are great, particularly Fully Obel II and Willie Monroe III.

I enjoy fighters who blend boxing and brawling as well. Erik Morales type guys who box first but brawl inbetween, makes great viewing.
      The first sentance is how I would describe Tiger.

And yeah, Morales is up there with my very favourite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        The first sentance is how I would describe Tiger.

And yeah, Morales is up there with my very favourite fighters.
        I'll need to mark down some Tiger viewing on my to do list. Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          I'll need to mark down some Tiger viewing on my to do list. Any recommendations?
          There's a lot.

The Fullmer fights are great. Especially the 3rd where he beats the **** out of him.

The first Griffith fight was a great display of Boxing although he lost but I thought he won but it was close could have gone either way.

The Giardello fights are great tactical displays from both sides.

The Ruben Carter fight is a great performance.

There's a lot of access to good performances.

He tends to be the aggressor and walking you down a lot of the time but he can fight off the backfoot when needed and he's always thinking.

Always playing chess and feiniting and thinking. I love fighters like that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            There's a lot.

The Fullmer fights are great. Especially the 3rd where he beats the **** out of him.

The first Griffith fight was a great display of Boxing although he lost but I thought he won but it was close could have gone either way.

The Giardello fights are great tactical displays from both sides.

The Ruben Carter fight is a great performance.

There's a lot of access to good performances.

He tends to be the aggressor and walking you down a lot of the time but he can fight off the backfoot when needed and he's always thinking.

Always playing chess and feiniting and thinking. I love fighters like that.
            Poor Fullmer, he would have taken his ass beating all day as well.

As for the bolded I'll remember and score it!

Have you seen Tiger on what's my line? Great viewing.

Comment

I enjoy watching Mayweather.

Jones makes a good highlight reel but not hugely exciting for the duration of a fight.

Comment

Mayweather is considered boring? I guess he would be my pick too then. I always thought he was considered flashy, quick and exciting. Maybe because he dominates most of his opponents. I like watching the Klitschkos even though a lot of American fans find them dull. Other guys that might be consdered exciting I don't watch as much because they're before my time maybe.

Comment

Wait... people consider Monzon boring?

Comment

I like watching the Klitschkos and look forward to their fights.
                    Last edited by Scott9945; 04-29-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Winky Wright. Most defensive fighters have a lot of fancy moves. Once Winky got to the top level, he got rid of the footwork and became a pressure fighter. He gets flak for having been boring, but I enjoyed his style. He came forward and used his defense to make guys work, rather than using it to suck the life out of the fight. And he wasn't afraid to mix it up when necessary, despite having a strong right hand jab and long left that he could control distance with.

Comment

Working...
                      X