Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Freddie Roach's Top Prospect, Jose Benavidez!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.MAQ View Post
    Hi Boxing Scene readers,

My name is Ryan Maquiñana, and I'm a boxing writer based in Northern California. I just started my career with an article on M a x B o x i n g about Freddie Roach's new pupil, 17-year-old phenom Jose Benavidez, Jr. from Phoenix, Arizona. You can see it on the front page now.

Right now he's the subject of a bidding war between Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions even though he hasn't even made his professional debut! Maybe the fact that Roach said he sparred "dead even" with Amir Khan and later, Timothy Bradley says something about how special this kid might be one day. Roach even went as far to say that Jose is his "best prospect at Wild Card."

The best part of all is that Jose Jr. is very humble, and in speaking with him and his father, I learned that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Anyway, I hope you check out the article below if you have time, and if you can please leave any comments you might have. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Maquiñana
    Roach is a good businessman,so he's going to get a fee from whoever signs this young guy and fees as a trainer.The guy has to be admired for being so astute

Comment

Working...
    X