Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're Showing Cotto vs Margarito s On HBO Right Now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're Showing Cotto vs Margarito s On HBO Right Now..

..2nd time i've seen this fight and goddamn, that eye was seriously ****ed up..i can't believe the NY state commission actually allowed this fight to happen...if Tony sneezed hard enough, that eye woulda opened up

Yeah they were showing it earlier then Martinez Chavez was on after.

Lol @ the eye analogy

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Yeah they were showing it earlier then Martinez Chavez was on after.

Lol @ the eye analogy

nice...i guess its all boxing on til the Groves fight..but yea, i know Tony is a polarizing fighter but for me, it's kinda sad how his career just took a fat **** at the end...handwraps scandal, gets the **** beat out of him by a midget, then just disappears

Comment

To be honest I felt like I was sitting on pins and needles with that fight. I was glad to see Cotto get his in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          To be honest I felt like I was sitting on pins and needles with that fight. I was glad to see Cotto get his in the end.

that's the great thing about boxing...there's always 2 sides and a part of me did feel kinda good for Miguel...it's like exorcising a demon...

the stoppage just happened right now and that look Cotto gave him was priceless

Comment

I think it was a couple months ago he was on Golpe a Golpe and Tony said he still trains, but he was never going to return again.

If he ever did return again his eye would literally fall out

Comment

BTW- i wasn't a big fan but seeing Emmanuel Steward in this fight made me miss him...RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                I think it was a couple months ago he was on Golpe a Golpe and Tony said he still trains, but he was never going to return again.

If he ever did return again his eye would literally fall out

i'm sure he's made decent money...hopefully he does something with the rest of his life

Comment

Cotto can thank Pacquiao for destroying Tony's eye

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  ..2nd time i've seen this fight and goddamn, that eye was seriously ****ed up..i can't believe the NY state commission actually allowed this fight to happen...if Tony sneezed hard enough, that eye woulda opened up
                  Remember it came down to the wire, like 24 hours or 48 hours before the fight they finally approved him. I think Bob Arum flew in some doctor if I remember correctly to say Tony's eye was fine lol.

Comment

The funny thing they are showing this to hype up the Martinez-Cotto fight, but if you really think about it that was Cotto's last "big" win and that was damn near 3 years ago now.

That doesn't make me hype at all. Fun fight to watch though.

Comment

Working...
                    X