Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "David Haye fought as a weight drained CW for the vast majority of his career. The weight drains had an effect on everything he did. Or did it?

- Ya, man no it did not .I had trouble making weight, but once I made it the functioning tools was all good and crispy. Real Crispy. I dominated that division and if I wanted to I could have become a CW Legend. If it wasn't for my broken toe, Wlad would have went down like a frown. Weight drains are pathetic excuses. Aint nothing to it'
    Haye Maka

Comment

• Weight Drain bull****:

Lanks Banks Senior Writer
      Ring

_The two sided face of today's boxing world is quite pathetic. Andre Ward fought Chad Dawson- a natural 175lber and Dawson was drained. Carl Froch knocked out another natural 175 LBER means it's a great victory?
      Double standards sure do apply don't it? Double standards created base on hate and envy. Everyone is like this in today's boxing world. Making things up to suit your pathetic agendas.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        1. won then record 6 title against the weakest titlists, via robbery
        2. next up attempted to unify the titles at a CW

Your guy wrote the book on cheating history, don't play coy.
        Pacquiao running from Mosley at a catchweight then fighting him later
        Fighting Cotto at a catchweight for a diamond title at a catchweight
        Fighting shot and unranked Margarito at a catchweight

Don't even get me started on Pac's robberies and fighting other paper champions.

he trumps any champions cheating history tactics in boxing history.
        Last edited by Fasttimes; 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Weight Drain bull****:

Lanks Banks Senior Writer
          Ring

_The two sided face of today's boxing world is quite pathetic. Andre Ward fought Chad Dawson- a natural 175lber and Dawson was drained. Carl Froch knocked out another natural 175 LBER means it's a great victory?
          Double standards sure do apply don't it? Double standards created base on hate and envy. Everyone is like this in today's boxing world. Making things up to suit your pathetic agendas.
          What natural light heavyweight did Froch KO?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
            Pacquiao running from Mosley at a catchweight then fighting him later
            Fighting Cotto at a catchweight for a diamond title at a catchweight
            Fighting shot and unranked Margarito at a catchweight

Don't even get me started on Pac's robberies and fighting other paper champions.

he trumps any champions cheating history tactics in boxing history.
            You must be foaming at the mouth now, since you're making less and less sense. So now you condemn Pac for not fighting Mosley at a CW?

And please, how was Marg shot? He sure didn't look like shot fighter vs Pac, he brought the chin, the stamina, workrate, the Margarito thing. Your guy would have retired on the stool before round 7 under that onslaught.

Comment

You must be foaming at the mouth now, since you're making less and less sense. So now you condemn Pac for not fighting Mosley at a CW?

And please, how was Marg shot? He sure didn't look like shot fighter vs Pac, he brought the chin, the stamina, workrate, the Margarito thing. Your guy would have retired on the stool before round 7 under that onslaught.
              Mosley said he'd fight at 140, 142, or 147. The fact that Pac ran is what is shameful, only waiting and fighting him when Shane was shot.

Marg was always a shyt fighter, but he was coming off a year long suspension, a brutal beating by Mosley and looked Shot to bits against some tomato can. The fact that it was for a paper belt that neither deserved was the shyt icing on top of the shyt cake. If he wasn't shot he was damned near close to it.
              Last edited by Fasttimes; 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Mosley said he'd fight at 140, 142, or 147. The fact that Pac ran is what is shameful, only waiting and fighting him when Shane was shot.

Marg was always a shyt fighter, but he was coming off a year long suspension, a brutal beating by Mosley and looked Shot to bits against some tomato can. The fact that it was for a paper belt that neither deserved was the shyt icing on top of the shyt cake. If he wasn't shot he was damned near close to it.
                Let me guess:

Michael Jennings at 147 > Mosley at 142 > Cotto at 145

Honestly, if a catchweight was in play, who was more likely to hurt, Cotto or Mosley? Would you have given Pac any credit for Mosley at 142? How about 140, that's not a catchweight, more or less credit?

Why would Pac be confident with any welter at the time, a top one like Mosley or Cotto, or a nonfactor like DLH? Last time he had to take punches was at 130.

Finally do YOU believe Cotto was drained?

I've never defended the 150 belt, don't count it as legit. Though there's worse all the time and nobody whines: Mares Morel, Canelo Hatton, Kessler Green.

Comment

Let me guess:

Michael Jennings at 147 > Mosley at 142 > Cotto at 145

Honestly, if a catchweight was in play, who was more likely to hurt, Cotto or Mosley? Would you have given Pac any credit for Mosley at 142? How about 140, that's not a catchweight, more or less credit?

Why would Pac be confident with any welter at the time, a top one like Mosley or Cotto, or a nonfactor like DLH? Last time he had to take punches was at 130.

Finally do YOU believe Cotto was drained?

I've never defended the 150 belt, don't count it as legit. Though there's worse all the time and nobody whines: Mares Morel, Canelo Hatton, Kessler Green.
                  I never said Mosley was a catchweight at 140. I was down with the fight at 140 and 147, the fact that Pac demanded a catchweight then ran from it is just as shameful as signing a catchweight bout.

Cotto was drained, definitely. He looked drawn badly at the weigh in, he's even admitted this since he's no longer the Arum company man.

Every pound counts at these lower weights, which is why team Pacquiao enjoys these weight games.

Comment

I never said Mosley was a catchweight at 140. I was down with the fight at 140 and 147, the fact that Pac demanded a catchweight then ran from it is just as shameful as signing a catchweight bout.

Cotto was drained, definitely. He looked drawn badly at the weigh in, he's even admitted this since he's no longer the Arum company man.

Every pound counts at these lower weights, which is why team Pacquiao enjoys these weight games.
                    You would have given Pac more credit for Mosley at 140 than Cotto at 145? GTFO, you're wasting my time.

Cotto looked good at the weigh in (pics are everywhere), no indications of weight trouble in camp. Was sharp till detonated by that uppercut, then lost all will to win. If he was so drained, how did he manage to run so fast from the midget for 6 rounds straight though?

Comment

You would have given Pac more credit for Mosley at 140 than Cotto at 145? GTFO, you're wasting my time.

Cotto looked good at the weigh in (pics are everywhere), no indications of weight trouble in camp. Was sharp till detonated by that uppercut, then lost all will to win. If he was so drained, how did he manage to run so fast from the midget for 6 rounds straight though?
                      It was his punch resistance that was affected, not his movement (See Dawson/Ward)

and yes, Cotto coming off what many felt was a loss to Clottey and a bad knockout loss to Marg is worse than fighting Mosley at 140, coming off a huge win vs Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                      X