No announcement yet.

A bold question.. haters welcome!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bold question.. haters welcome!

After listening and buying Relapse .. I honestly am starting to ponder the thought that Eminem could be the GOAT. Now hear me out before you straight up flame the kid and go nuts. As far back as I can remember, Em was one of the only rappers that I felt spoke instead of rapped. I always felt like Em's lyrics and flow made it sound like he was just speaking to you instead if spitting bars. That fasicnates me that the guy can do that. No other rapper for me brings this type of word play out. Now I can't solidly put him at 1 but I could not argue it either after this album. Nas, Jay, Eminem would be a fitting top 3 in any order right now for me. To me those three guys have GREAT bodies of work and you can really get into their lyrics and flow.

i dont think he the GOAT
    but i put him in my top ten
    IMO nas and rakim r the best to ever touch the mic

as for Relapse i felt he was tryin way to hard to say outrageous ****
    2 me it sound like he was tryin to go back to SSLP
    i wish he would of done more tracks like Underground,Stay Wide Away and Beautiful
    also the beats were wack
    Last edited by heat27; 05-20-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

He could possibly be a top 10 guy. He's got GOAT talent though.

Relapse was really good. I was surprised that people didn't like it. But you can't please everyone.

People wanted the old Em which was great flows and sick off the top lyrics. I think he did his job.

Before Em dropped he was still rappin about beating up women, kid napping, date raping etc. Just listen to all of his old freestlyes.

Em is sick on the mic. If the second album he drops this year is equal or similar to the qulaity of Relapse Em is the artist of 09.

Comment

I agree he could possibly be the GOAT but I will hold off in saying that after Relapse 2 when we get to see the real Marshall Mathers without all the corny punchlines.

Comment

nope................i dont think he is

but he is great

Comment

I can see him being anywhere in the top 10 MC's of all time. I can't get mad at someone thinking Nas, Jay, Pac, Rakim, BIG are the top 5. I also cant get mad at someone having Em number 1 either... it is what it is though, and he def deserves to be mentioned amongst the best to ever do it.

Comment

^no question...I agree

Comment

Possibly a top ten but not the Goat.

Comment

Asking 10 hip hop heads who the GOAT rapper is/was, and you might get 10 different answers. Its like asking boxing fans who the GOAT P4P fighter was... there will always be debate, and opinions, but nothing is ever absolute.

Comment

Pac and Biggie are dead and can't tarnish their spots...while Jay-Z drops a wack Kingdom Come and Nas's albums get weaker etc. etc. they can lose some luster over their careers.

Pac and Biggie won't be eclipsed by Eminem.

In fact, I don't think any rapper that came out after they died can crack the Top 2...

Comment

Working...
                    X