No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Takes Shot at Broner, Calls Him an 'Imitation'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flushuppercut View Post
    If u were gonna imitate someone, why not the best?
    That style is tough to beat,but u need a complete skillset to make it work and he does
    You need quick reflexes if you don't have them I wouldn't recommend that style

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      You need quick reflexes if you don't have them I wouldn't recommend that style
      It also helps to be taller or as tall as your opponent, because the opponent then has to punch up and over the shoulder to land a head shot. That's why it didn't work for Berto. Guerrero was too tall and he was just swinging down onto Berto's head (plus Berto is stupid and not a great boxer anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
        It also helps to be taller or as tall as your opponent, because the opponent then has to punch up and over the shoulder to land a head shot. That's why it didn't work for Berto. Guerrero was too tall and he was just swinging down onto Berto's head (plus Berto is stupid and not a great boxer anyway)
        Demarco, Litzau, Escobedo????

Corrales, Hernandez, Dela Hoya...???

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
          anybody seen this kid gonzalez fight? I'm guessing he's not lookin like someone who can beat broner or I'm sure I would have heard of him
          Seen him 2x on telefutura vs overmatched guys...he's winning vs the types he needs to but has fought no1 anywhere near being ranked & 4 that needs 2 keep the boca cerado...

Comment

so this guy doesnt imitate other mexican(not mexican-american) fighters if thats what he is

Comment

I think to be at the elite level quick reflexes are a must have for any style..

Comment

Originally posted by black_celph
                so this guy doesnt imitate other mexican(not mexican-american) fighters if thats what he is
                Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WTF? He's Puerto Rican buddy.

Some people need to keep their mouths shut....

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It doesn't matter if Broner is a "copy cat" or not. That issue does not and will not have any impact on the outcome of the fight. Yes, Mayweather is his biggest inspiration and he's adopted his style almost perfectly. Broner feels comfortable in that stance and it works for him. That particular style can't be adopted or fought by everyone. Berto tried it and he looked absolutely horrible and uncomfortable in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    How long until Broner says something extremely offensive in return? A day?
                    he has to ask his daddy floyd what to say! :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by black_celph View Post
                      nah son...he got that Boricua blood in his veins...if I'm not mistaken, he never fought outside the island yet...dude still on his come up...Broner doesn't need to respond

Comment

Working...
                      X