Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence the Most Talented Modern Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One could argue Algieri has been in one to many wars and that he was ruined in that Khan fight.

He didnt look good in his last outing neither

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Brook
      Bradley
      Spence

In that order.

That said, talent isn't everything in boxing and lesser talented fighters I would still bet on to beat Spence right now. As impressive as tonight was, it was Algieri. Algieri gets through no top welter ever. He's not even close to gatekeeper status.
      Bradley for sure can fight going backwards.

It's an unknown variable with Spence.

Spence got punching power unlike Timmeh.

The two most talented welters imo are Spence and Kell.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      By modern do you mean 'current'? He won in very impressive fashion. It was a big statement, but it's jumping the gun to say he's better than the rest of them already.

Algieri has his strengths, but if he's not the taller man he has no defence at all. And his power isn't that far ahead of Paulie's. It was a good night for Spence but calm down.
      Yes modern means current gen guys so manny is excluded.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        He's teh closest thing we have to a complete package ability wise.

Good jab
        Good bodypuncher
        Good counters
        Decent defense
        Athletic

Can fight on the outside, mid range, and inside. The only range in question is how he fares boxing backwards

Two smart guys who didn't bother to read.

Talent was written clearly for both of you. It's a measure of abilities.

Greatest is based on accomplishments. The only people so far who mention him being the greatest are you two.
        What you're blinding yourself to is that you can't simply measure "talent" without a proper gauge. If we did that, we would think that Amir Kahn is the GOAT by the way he works the bag in the gym. Saying a guy is "the most talented" based on a guy who was 1-2 against opponents with names, is just embarrassing. I mean, if you want to do that, by all means, get giddy. But, don't be offended when people call you out on it because you are reaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          What you're blinding yourself to is that you can't simply measure "talent" without a proper gauge. If we did that, we would think that Amir Kahn is the GOAT by the way he works the bag in the gym. Saying a guy is "the most talented" based on a guy who was 1-2 against opponents with names, is just embarrassing. I mean, if you want to do that, by all means, get giddy. But, don't be offended when people call you out on it because you are reaching.
          Styles make fights but

He beat Algieri more thoroughly than the most proven talent at welterweight manny and Amir Khan.

I like Keith but he struggled with Collazo.

Porter for sure isn't a highly talented welterweight.

Garcia is always at risk for being outboxed.

That leaves Brook and Timmeh.

Based off what I seen Spence has the most natural ability among the welterweights.

Comment

Khan beats him

Comment

Spence gets caught too much with overhand rights. He needs to tighten up his defense. His offence is excellent with very good power in both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                I used to think it was Kell Brook but now I got Spence.

Who's the most talented new welter iyo?
                Spence as along as it's not against pac or may..........

Comment

He's the complete package..........

Comment

We are in the era of the weakest welterweight division in a long time. Hell, the 147 Quintana and Cintron would probably be top dogs in this era.

Comment

To soon for all that..lets keep watching him progress..He just passed his latest test but we havent even gotten to the advanced classes yet

Comment

Working...
                      X