No announcement yet.

Did Andre Ward Avoid Stevenson, Dirrell, Bute or Degale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Andre Ward Avoid Stevenson, Dirrell, Bute or Degale

I am tired of the BS. so lets take it to a vote, the facts are online but lets see what is the perception here on the forums. Yes we know Ward is signed to fight Kovalev but this isn't what this thread is about... Did Ward avoid fighting any of these guys.

1) Stevenson
    2) Dirrell,
    3) Bute
    4) Degale
    Stevenson
    19.35%
    Dirrell
    6.45%
    Bute
    30.65%
    Degale
    8.06%
    He didn't avoid any of them
    35.48%

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
    I am tired of the BS. so lets take it to a vote, the facts are online but lets see what is the perception here on the forums. Yes we know Ward is signed to fight Kovalev but this isn't what this thread is about... Did Ward avoid fighting any of these guys.

1) Stevenson
    2) Dirrell,
    3) Bute
    4) Degale
    Arguably only Bute. But even then Froch jumped in there pretty quick and took care of that. There was only a small window for Ward to beat Froch to that fight.

Dirrell went into a long term hiatus when he was due to fight Ward, he pulled out of the Super Six and barely fought for the next 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
      Arguably only Bute. But even then Froch jumped in there pretty quick and took care of that. There was only a small window for Ward to beat Froch to that fight.

Dirrell went into a long term hiatus when he was due to fight Ward, he pulled out of the Super Six and barely fought for the next 5 years.
      How about Stevenson, they offered or tried to make the fight with Ward at 168.

Comment

Stevenson did offer him a home and home deal. Where they would fight at 168 and then at 175. That seemed fair to me

Comment

No, that just stupid...

Bute refused to get in the super 6

Dirrel dropped out of the super 6

Degale just hit the big stage'

Stevenson doesnt want to fight anyone with a pulse

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
            No, that just stupid...

Larry i already schooled you in the previous thread with articles and vidoes... do you have any evidence to support your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
              How about Stevenson, they offered or tried to make the fight with Ward at 168.
              It's hard to say Ward has ducked individual fighters, it's more appropriate to say he's missed out a significant portion of his prime by remaining inactive as he has (or he's been ducking the sport of boxing if you want to put it another way). I don't believe he's scared to fight anybody, I'm not sure he's being greedy either. He's had promotional challenges and he suffered an injury that kept him out for a while, that said he has to shoulder some of the blame for his inactivity.

He's not a flagrant ducker and if he fights Barrera and Kovalev this year he'll restore a lot of credit to his name.

It's just a shame he's been inactive for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
                No, that just stupid...

I thought Bute wasn't invited into the Super Sox?

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                  I thought Bute wasn't invited into the Super Sox?
                  Bute wasn't invited on purpose but Larry won't accept that. i posted articles in a previous thread explaining why i feel he could have avoided some of these fights for one reason or another. I don't think he flat out ducked but he had the choice to make these fights and chose not too do them for whatever reason and in some cases they could have been legitimate issues like promotional/injury but in some it would have been something else. (this was a response to both of your posts)

Comment

ward isn't the type to duck anyone.

who the hell would ever duck a canadian or for even more lulz a friggin englishman?? for real? c'mon!

Comment

Working...
                    X